Spell Checking

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JoshB

Spell Checking

Post by JoshB »

It has been a while since I submitted to Lord Fred story. And it appears that quite a bit of improvement has been made since then making the software quite easy to use. And being able to proofread your submission makes it easy to avoid mistakes.

Or not quite. A spelling checker would be a big help to those who has a tendency to make lots of typos.

Please add this feature, Jeff, when you get a chance. This would help the moderator avoid having to edit episodes to fix typos.
odsblah

Post by odsblah »

we have been discussing this at this topic http://sir-toby.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=210 for a while, and sir-toby has requested it.
Lost Soldier (Ib)

Post by Lost Soldier (Ib) »

I usually just use Word Perfect to type up my episodes and run a quick spellcheck that way. Just a suggestion.
All I know is that I don't know anything.
JH

Post by JH »

Or you can use MS Word, of course. (But if you do, please switch off "intelligent quotes" and the like, as these may not display as intended for someone using a non Microsoft browser.)
JH
Lost Soldier (Ib)

Post by Lost Soldier (Ib) »

Or you can just learn to spell right. Jeez, what do they teach kids in the schools these days!? :wink:

Hmm, maybe I should follow my own advice...
All I know is that I don't know anything.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Re: Spell Checking

Post by Sir Toby »

JoshB wrote:A spelling checker would be a big help to those who has a tendency to make lots of typos.
This is on my TODO list. I just haven't been very good about working on my TODO list lately.

Does anyone know of a good open-source spell checker library and dictionary that works with PHP? If I have access to something like that, this would be an easy feature to implement. Heck, I suppose even having access to an open dictionary would be a good start.