Virus Warning

Important announcements.
JH

Virus Warning

Post by JH »

We've just had someone who had signed up as a user by the name of Bigeloww post a message to this board that contained an apparently innocuous, though off-topic, link. If you clicked on it, it would take you to a webpage that would attempt to install a virus on your machine. I've deleted the message, but deleting the user will have to wait for Sir Toby (whom I've alerted via email). It's possible that further such messages may be posted, so please be alert and don't click on any links that you aren't sure are kosher. It would also be a good idea to ensure that your machine's virus checker is up to date. (I use AVG Free.)

I'd have made this an Announcement, for maximum visibility, but only Sir Toby can currently post those.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Thanks for the heads up JH. I moved your post to the announcements section for maximum visibility.

I have deleted the offending user. However, always be suspicious of strange links from unknown parties. Keeping an up-to-date virus checker on your machine is also a very good idea.