Old: Sir-Toby.Com Downtime - April 4th, 2004

Important announcements.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Old: Sir-Toby.Com Downtime - April 4th, 2004

Post by Sir Toby »

I will be taking the Sir-Toby.Com server down for a couple of hours today to replace some fans that are failing. Do not be alarmed if you are unable to reach Sir-Toby.Com for part of today.
Last edited by Sir Toby on Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Successfully replaced the CPU fans. Also took the opportunity to put a beefier UPS in place. In the process, I noticed two case fans that have stopped working. No idea how long they've been broke. Might help explain all the heat related crashing last summer if they've been broke for a while. I'll have to schedule another maintenance period in another couple of weeks to replace those fans. With any luck, Sir-Toby.Com won't have any heat related crashes this summer.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH just pointed out to me that the Announcements forum wasn't indicating when there were new posts in it, so no one saw my downtime announcement. Didn't realize that was the case. I've fixed the problem so that the announcements forum does indicate when a new announcement has been posted. Keep an eye out for an announcement regarding further downtime in a couple of weeks for replacing the case fans in the Sir-Toby.Com server.