1216 and its successors

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Anableps

1216 and its successors

Post by Anableps »

It looks like someone is using elements from Celtic mythology. The keening of 27981 may refer to 'the wailing of the banshee', but I am not sure. If Ross is a new author, then I hope that he (or she) will continue contributing episodes.
Knight Random

Re: 1216 and its successors

Post by Knight Random »

Anableps wrote:It looks like someone is using elements from Celtic mythology. The keening of 27981 may refer to 'the wailing of the banshee', but I am not sure. If Ross is a new author, then I hope that he (or she) will continue contributing episodes.
These are indeed very good episodes, as is your extension. I would do some extensions except I have a decided lack of time. I was also partially worried that due to the fact that he seems to be continuing his own episodes and they're not extendable, I would interrupt something he had in mind.

I think that Ross is indeed a new author, partially because he's creating a world that's somewhat different from the one most of us draw on, which opens up some interesting avenues of exploration.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Hey guys.

Firstly I'm glad you like my episodes. I am a newbie around here so I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to be up to the height of most other authors here - though I admit I have not peaked too much at the mainstream tree in case I get jealous.

I actually am aiming to do a fairly heavy Celtic theme - or more accurately an Irish Gaelic one. Just I know a bit about it because I'm Irish and a History student, and also just because I thought it might make an interesting change of direction. If you are interested there is a fairly good list of Irish names at http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~bj333/HomePage.boys.html. That's wher I got Guthrie ("Windy Place") and Eachan ("Horseman") amongst others.

I do have a few things in mind, but of course anyone is welcome to continue on what I've written however they see fit. I only didn't make them extendeble because I'm a bit of a novice at the format and wanted to try out the basics first.

Yours,

Ross[/url]