to MSG et all

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Ib

to MSG et all

Post by Ib »

My condulences, MSG. The WWII generation was truly the greatest generation of this last century, doing nothing less than saving the entire world from facism. I know the pain of loosing family members...believe me. I have a fuller appreciation for your take on Champions now. I've always enjoyed the epic nature of your numerous threads, but have often found myself lacking the necesarry knowledge to participate. Actually, though, thanks to the excellent work at your site, MSG, it has made understanding it all much, much easier. But that's beside the point....

Knight Random, I don't think MSG was really attacking anyone. Taking a leave of absence is probably uncalled for....but whatever you feel's right. You alluded to a Champion dying, and Y exploded Fertal. However, when you have this many authors working on one thread, the unexpected is bound to happen. It seems Y and MSG have always given each other a little heat. I remember postings from a couple years ago when they got into it. HOWEVER, if you take anything personal from any given author's episode that is just a...well...personal problem. And I don't think anyone here is looking for a flame war. Fighting on the internet is like participating in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.

In short, if you don't like someone's episode - don't extend it! I personally am never offended if someone writes a different extension to any given episode than what I've done. It happens quite often!

Fertal's death was a might bit unexpected, that's for sure.

On a side note, I very much enjoyed MSG's extension to The Healing Touch. I especially liked Jenny's perception of Astra's armor. Very clever.

Hope at least part of that made sense. Hope your spirits lift, MSG. And again, my condulences.
Knight Random

Re: to MSG et all

Post by Knight Random »

Knight Random, I don't think MSG was really attacking anyone. Taking a leave of absence is probably uncalled for....but whatever you feel's right. You alluded to a Champion dying, and Y exploded Fertal. However, when you have this many authors working on one thread, the unexpected is bound to happen. It seems Y and MSG have always given each other a little heat. I remember postings from a couple years ago when they got into it. HOWEVER, if you take anything personal from any given author's episode that is just a...well...personal problem. And I don't think anyone here is looking for a flame war. Fighting on the internet is like participating in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.
I agree that this was irrational, but my problems right now don't have anything to do with reason. I guess reading MSG's post caused a number of problems and concerns I've had in my life to catch up with me, and I've always tended to take things a bit personally and let my emotions get away with me. :( And I take my writing VERY seriously, as all good writers do, although that does not necessarily make me a good writer. :)

Don't worry, I will be back, although whether or not I will write anything in the Terra Prime mythology is another matter entirely.
Ib

Post by Ib »

Hmmmm. Judging from your recent posts, I'd say you're being a little self-critical. Which is a good thing, in moderation. Just like peanut butter and...oxygen. Look forward to seeing whatever it is you post when you return from your leave. And take my advice, don't ever take ANYTHING too seriously...especially yourself... :mrgreen:
Y

breathe

Post by Y »

Oxygen is good, but.... oooooh, peanut butter.....!

but I also gotta say that Ib is right... unless I'm missing something (which I might be, for all I know).

Ib wrote: "I don't think MSG was really attacking anyone. Taking a leave of absence is probably uncalled for....but whatever you feel's right. You alluded to a Champion dying, and Y exploded Fertal. However, when you have this many authors working on one thread, the unexpected is bound to happen. It seems Y and MSG have always given each other a little heat."

MSG and I have some philosphical differences :) but to take things personally... this life is too short for that. I do not understand how my Fertal episode and MSG's response (which I swear was aimed at ME... not KR) has brougt up this whole topic! But like the good doctor says: "Breathe, breathe some more... count to ten if you have to and take a step back to see the whole from an entirely new perspective." don't ask me what kind of doctor I visit :wink:
Y

P.S.

Post by Y »

P.S. KR, your Atlantis/Andromeda episode was GREAT (I even say "Kick-Ass" though I do not know if these words offend you)!!!

I had to tell you, because, it really is. Do what you need to, but for crying out loud don't take things on an internet BB / interactive writing site too seriously! Think about this: we're a bunch of faceless dudes and dudettes who like to play with words! :mrgreen:

...as for emotions, I say Channel them, USE them when writing your characterizations... I bet you'd flesh out some Fantastic characters!
Knight Random

Post by Knight Random »

Y, it seems to me that you've been just as vehement as MSG, but that's just me, I guess. It probably was aimed at us equally, but more at you than at me, because I think I ended up treating MSG's world with more respect than you did. (This isn't a personal attack or anything--if you read my earlier messages, you'd see that I was just as hard with MSG in other ways. :) ) It does strike me that Fertal's death was a little too perfunctory and he was just being used as disposeable cannon fodder, although the idea of splitting up the characters to create less confusion is not in itself bad. You had no way of knowing the personal resonance of the Champions for MSG, though.

I was partially motivated in my recent reactions by recent problems I had in real life (which I'd rather not get into much). And thanks, I agree that that was one of my better episodes.