Poll:What was your 1st episode you ever created?

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Noise Tank

Poll:What was your 1st episode you ever created?

Post by Noise Tank »

My 1st episode ever was titled "What Do you want to be? (And boy does it Suck!(Suck ass that is).It was one of my first days here and I was just messing around at the time. :mrgreen:
Sir Toby
Site Admin

My First Episode

Post by Sir Toby »

Well, that's an easy one for me. ;-)

Welcome to Sir-Toby's Extend-A-Story

Although... Some may not consider it an actual episode. There's always this one:

The Start of the Quest
Knight Random

Re: First Episode

Post by Knight Random »

Can I really have been writing this stuff for three years? Feels like it's been such a short time. The first episode I ever wrote for EAS was this one, and it is BAD. (Some of the extensions I wrote off it involving the Silver Door are good, but you'd think that if Fred couldn't understand the idea of parallel universes, he'd have trouble with the internet too.) It dates from 2000. At that time, I was a maladjusted 15-year-old (but then again, what 15-year-old isn't maladjusted?) with a lot of issues and far too much spare time on his hands. I loved to write, but wasn't very good at it. At that time, though, I kept most of my writing to myself and, although I'd discovered the internet, never posted anything to it. Then, I discovered Addventure somehow, and fell in love with it. (You'll notice that Addventure characters and motifs turn up in a lot of my episodes.) However, I was disappointed to find that Addventure was apparently undergoing repairs (IE dead). But I did find another active story in the links--this one. Thankfully, I've matured a lot as a writer since I first started writing here. I still write bad episodes, but none of them are quite that bad.
Ib

First Episode Posted

Post by Ib »

9/30/1999 4:44:47 PM, The Deadly Blow - episode 1666 (I'm not puting a link because Americans are lazy enough as it is). That was the first episode posted by yours truly. I too was a refugee from addventure (who wasn't?)My episodes have never been particularly good, but if people would just just quit encouraging me and adding on to them maybe I would just stop. I was maladjusted at 15 as well, and will be until the day I die. And KR, don't be modest. Your episodes have always been most excellent. :wink:
Erlend

God, I wish there were more of us!

Post by Erlend »

38043. I actually only found this site yesterday - and it's perfect. :D

I was a little surprised :shock: when I found that none had continued Fred's journey to the four countries, but I guess I'm one of those guys that goes where none will go because it's such a boring place. :lol:

My excuse for being a poor writer is, well, I'm just a maladjusted 15-year old. :roll: But I've learned a lot from "Adventure Delux", one of the best CYOA games ever. I could talk about it for hours. Don't bother asking for the address, you should learn Norwegian first.
There is no such thing as "every man's dream". We all have our own dreams.
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

My first episode was 91, in which Fred sees the Dragon slumbering up ahead and looks at his Anatolian-steel blade for confidence. It is also the first episode where I introduced the mysterious deity known as the Redeemer, which I never really followed up on. Nonetheless, I always liked episode 91, and I'm glad two of its four options got extended on.

KR and Ib, you both are excellent writers and should stop having such qualms about your own literary powers. Erlend, I do not know much about you indeed, but I can tell you are a talented individual as well.

Sir Toby, you are indeed the writer of the first episode. I bow to your incredible might and swear fealty. Episode 2 was short, but had amazing depth, and launched a true saga.

Me, I was an very maladjusted 15 year old. Now, I'm an extremely maladjusted 24 year old, and I only plan to get more maladjusted as I grow in power and wisdom. Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!! I think I should stop writing on NEQ before the DEA arrests me for corrupting the minds of you youngsters.
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

Ah, yes, almost forgot. Noise Tank!!! Your episodes have always been excellent. But you should write more of them. You should make it your mission to fill the universe with so much noise it shatters the windows of our pathetic shared sanity, and paves the way for the coming of the The True Noise Apocalypse!!!!! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other writers who post here I will also make comments about.
MS G

Episode 234

Post by MS G »

Mine was episode 234 and my GOODNESS how much that story thread has grown from there!

:shock:
JH

Post by JH »

I think that my first episode was number 24.
JH
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

Yeaa!! MSG and JH are here! This is just so moving <sob> soon everyone will post what their first episode is.

MSG is a superpowerful mutant writer from another dimension. His mental powers far exceed those of ordinary mortals. He is a great friend to have - and a fearsome enemy to incur. Keep that in mind, young Erlend, as you learn the ways of Extend-A-Story.

JH is the Moderator. Every day, he checks every new posted episode to ensure there is no obscenity. He has a mind like a steel trap, and constantly works on many threads at once. Yeeeeeeeeeeah! Way to go, JH!!!
Lots42guest

My first episode?

Post by Lots42guest »

I don't know how to figure out my first episode. It'd probably be something embarassing, like the one where Fred attempts suidice with a mallet and a stake.
Ben McClellan

Post by Ben McClellan »

My first episode here is this one, which I wrote way back on July 28th, 2000.

I waited another three years to write the next one.

-Ben
TCO

Post by TCO »

I've absolutely no idea what my first one was.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
Anableps

First episodes

Post by Anableps »

Lots42's first episode was number 13, of February 12, 1999, where the floating treasure chest is introduced.

TCO's first episode was number 25989 of September 7, 2003, I believe. Bo gets into trouble with the night watch.

Mine was number 10583, of October 25, 2002, where Fred and an unnamed woman kill a wallhugger.
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

I promised to make comments about any other author who posted on this topic but... I realized that would be impolite unless the author(s) in question first asked me what I think of them. Apologies. As a further way of apology I will write what I think about myself instead.

Ryu: this mad dog of a "writer" is heard like a howl in the night. Despised by all, he stalks his prey without mercy, finding comfort only in the frenzied dance that is the hunt. In his episodes, he attempts to go right for the throat, with varying degrees of success. When he is drunk he will post nonsensical, poorly spelled episodes under a different pseudonym.