NEQ Wiki Entry

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

TCO

NEQ Wiki Entry

Post by TCO »

Has there been any thought on making a Wikipedia entry or entries about the Never Ending Quest? Or would it require too much time and effort?
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

I was wondering if this site had a wiki entry yet. I know the other site I go to (gamefaqs) has its own page for each board. I think it would be a good idea.
Execute Order 66
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

There is an article about Addventures that's classified as a "stub". Expanding this would be a good start.
Oh, and that article has links to some addventures at the end, including those I frequent (which obviously includes this one).
Ben McClellan

Post by Ben McClellan »

My question is, who would author the NEQ Wiki article?
JH

Post by JH »

Ben McClellan wrote:My question is, who would author the NEQ Wiki article?
If anybody's to do it, then I think that it should be Sir Toby. At the very least, if somebody else does it then they should run it past him first before posting it.
JH
JH

Post by JH »

Won-Tolla wrote:There is an article about Addventures that's classified as a "stub". Expanding this would be a good start.
Oh, and that article has links to some addventures at the end, including those I frequent (which obviously includes this one).
I'm not sure that the Addventure article needs much expanding. It seems like a good and fairly comprehensive article. The list of links to addventures seems comprehensive too. There are a couple of addventures included that I wasn't aware of.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote:
Ben McClellan wrote:My question is, who would author the NEQ Wiki article?
If anybody's to do it, then I think that it should be Sir Toby. At the very least, if somebody else does it then they should run it past him first before posting it.
I thought I heard a while ago that Wikipedia had a policy against writing about subjects in which you are personally involved...

A little digging found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Autobiography

I think I will personally stay clear of writing anything about Extend-A-Story in the Wikipedia. However, anyone else should feel free to add whatever suits you. I can help answer any questions you may have if you want though.
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

I might attempt this feat over my winder break. Of course, I'll need to put a heck load of work into it, and make sure Sir-toby confirms that it's alright, but man, it would be fun doing it.
Execute Order 66
El' MooCow

Post by El' MooCow »

I would put some work in too.

Include a link to;
NEQ
Sir Toby's site
Wolfrun's Guide.

And put a see also on;
Addventure
Please, by all means, extend any of my episodes. It's good to know someone out there is actually reading the crap I'm writing.
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Well, this is someting I certainly forgot about :oops:

I'm not quite sure how I would do this (I've never written an article for wikipedia, and I would have no idea how to link everything), but I feel like this would help Extend-a-Story become better known. And what I really wish is for this place to grow. So although I'm a master procrastinater, I've got to at least try this.
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

There would be a risk that the NEQ, or even Extend-A-Story as a whole, wouldn't be viewed as sufficiently notable to have an article in its own right. If something flagged it for deletion and the majority view agreed that it should be deleted, then your work would be wasted. I think that you'd be better off expanding the coverage of NEQ/EAS in the existing Wiki addventure article.
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. Like something similar to Wolfrun and lot's episode guides?
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

No, I think that would be way over the top. After all Wikipedia is supposed to be a general encyclopedia, and I find it hard to convince myself that the NEQ is important enough to warrant something like that. What might be a possibility, however, if anyone had enough techical expertise, time and disk space, would be to set up an independent Wiki purely devoted to addventure - or even purely devoted to Extend-A-Story. The Wiki software is frelly available to whoever wants it.
JH
TCO

Post by TCO »

A NEQ wiki? I like that idea. :D
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Well, I just looked under "Addventure" and I see we are underthere. But I like your idea JH.
Execute Order 66