problem adding story

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

problem adding story

Post by guest »

there is a problem with this program: i have tried adding a story but the computer keeps saying i "cannot have a word with more than 30 characters..." BUT I DON'T have one!!! and the stupid computer won't let me add the story! What's going on???
JH

Post by JH »

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble. As far as I know you're the only person who has reported this problem. You weren't trying to include a URL by any chance? They often run to more than 30 characters. If that's the problem, you will need to insert a space character or two in the middle of the URL.

If you're still having problems, if you could stick the text of your episode in a plain text file and email it to me, then I'll take a look at it and see if I can spot the cause of the problem. My email address can be found in the Memberlist.
JH
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

...or even easier, just click the email icon under your post.

I wasn't aware of this limitation either, but then I rarely use words that long anyway. In fact the only one I know that I can recall without a lot of thinking is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and that isn't exactly the kind of thing that pops up in everyday conversation. Unless you're talking to Mary Poppins, of course. ;)