What exactly is this?

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Jack Diddly Squat

What exactly is this?

Post by Jack Diddly Squat »

I stumbled onto this site a couple of weeks back as I'm prone to do with extend a story sites, but I get the feeling that I've latched onto something much bigger than I thought at first.
I bet this thing goes all the way to the president of whichever country's in power at the moment, I don't know current events to well. Is it still Belgium?

Anyway I'm rambling, aren't penguins a lovely colour? I've always thought so. Well my question is this, reading all the comentary and how each of you discuss the episodes in the minutest detail, I was just wondering whether this is what it seemed to be at first - a place just to post stories and a have a merry old laugh, or whether it was a bit more serious and you guys are out to win a Politzer.
Actually that wasn't a question, I could reword it in the form of a question but I have bread to toast.

So anywho, if anyone would like to answer my - uh, statement that's fine, and if you'd rather just all shun me and publically humiliate me, I guess I'll learn to live with that too.

So, so long, howdya do and arreeble derchy as the East Botswanans say.

PS. I don't know if I spelt Politzer correctly, I'm a real stickler for that sort of thing and if it is wrong I'd like to apologize quite humbly and personally to Abraham Politzer himself the flea ridden old Eskimo with a heart of gold.
JH

Re: What exactly is this?

Post by JH »

Jack Diddly Squat wrote:...I was just wondering whether this is what it seemed to be at first - a place just to post stories and a have a merry old laugh, or whether it was a bit more serious and you guys are out to win a Politzer.
Welcome, Jack. I hope that you have a lot of fun here.

I think that different people approach writing here with different degrees of seriousness. I don't think that there's any "right" or "wrong" approach. But a silly episode may not fit well into a serious thread, and vice versa. Of course a serious episode doesn't have to be solemn, but can still contain humour.

If you haven't already done so, you might like to have a look at the guidelines for authors at: http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/ ... lines.html
JH
MSG-Guest

Like to echo JH's wishes

Post by MSG-Guest »

Hello Mr. Jack Diddly Squat,

Welcome to NEQ.

Since JH did such a fine job in his opening reply, I'll just say "echo" and be done with it.

Thanks and hope to see more of your stuff here soon.