To Bill L. concerning ep 40020

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Lost Soldier (Ib)

To Bill L. concerning ep 40020

Post by Lost Soldier (Ib) »

Um, I thought the necromancer was Vincent. By the way, I love this thread. I mean to add to it, but the lattest episode completely confuses me. Vincent has never been outright evil, just eccentric. I doubt he'd want to destroy the world. But maybe I'm misreading the story as I'm often prone to do.
JH

Post by JH »

I don't think that Bill is subscribed to the Board, but here's my thoughts.

My intention in 25184 was to offer Vincent as the opponent in option 2, but in the option (3) that was taken to have the opponent as being someone else, since Death and Despair had never been there before whereas they (or at least Fred and Astra) had been to Vincent's Black Tower early in the thread. Also, in Bill's 39994 the fortress doesn't sound especially like the Black Tower. Also, apart from in 25184-2, I don't think it's ever been suggested that Vincent is a necromancer rather than a "vanilla" mage. There's also the matter of Bill's title for his 40020: "The Problem With the Lesser of Two Evils? It's Still Evil!" That suggests that, whoever the necromancer is, he's not that nice a guy.

But, having said all that, I think that your interpretation in your 40073 is quite possible (maybe Vincent has moved or has more than one residence), and I like the episode a lot. Please don't scrub it (or radically alter it)!
JH
Lost Soldier (Ib)

I've altered paragraph 2 of my ep. I hope that it helps some.
All I know is that I don't know anything.
Lost Soldier (Ib)

Also, I believe in this thread he IS a lesser of two evils, although he means well. Using Fred and Astra in the way he means to is not a good thing to do. Also, though he may mean to destroy evil men and monsters to start with, unleashing a force like that could have potentially disasterous consequences. He's thinking on a grander scope than is probably good for him. I hope this makes some sense.
All I know is that I don't know anything.
JH

Post by JH »

Looks good to me. :)
JH

Post by Guest »

While I wasn't thinking of Vincent as the Necromancer Shiva was facing, but I think Ib's take on this is quite interesting. I've always thought there are plenty of eps out there to accomodate quite a wide variety of storylines.

Oh, and BTW, thanks to JH for pointing this BB out to me. And hi to everyone else. :D

Bill L.