Hey, Sir Paulito!

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Hey, Sir Paulito!

Post by JH »

I like your 13278. In fact I already have a continuation almost ready to post. But I wonder whether it might be a good idea to change the heroine's name from "Checkers" to something else? This seems to be a very different person from the one that Anableps has characterised. I can't imagine his Checkers getting drunk or falling into bed with an ogre.
JH

Post by Guest »

My personal philosophy when submitting episodes has always been to maintain continuity with the preceding episodes, although not necessarily with episodes in other branches.

While Checkers does have different names in other storylines (Avia & Beatrice, perhaps others), I felt that using her most commonly known name would be easiest for identification. Certainly other main characters in this story have wildly varying personalities and backstories. Fred himself can be bumbling or brave, valiant or villainous.

So, while the Checkers of 13278 is different than the Checkers of 20991 in some ways, she's the same in others. Perhaps more than we know...who's to say what "Classic Checkers" does in her off-hours? :wink:
Ib

Post by Ib »

LOL. Good point, and funny episode
JH

Post by JH »

Anonymous wrote:My personal philosophy when submitting episodes has always been to maintain continuity with the preceding episodes, although not necessarily with episodes in other branches.
I agree with that, which has always seemed logical to me. The only drawback is that when different branches from the same source are different as regard background details it can sometimes be hard to keep track.
Anonymous wrote:While Checkers does have different names in other storylines (Avia & Beatrice, perhaps others), I felt that using her most commonly known name would be easiest for identification. Certainly other main characters in this story have wildly varying personalities and backstories. Fred himself can be bumbling or brave, valiant or villainous.
That's certainly very true.
Anonymous wrote:So, while the Checkers of 13278 is different than the Checkers of 20991 in some ways, she's the same in others. Perhaps more than we know...who's to say what "Classic Checkers" does in her off-hours? :wink:
Fair enough.
JH