Space Knight

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Space Knight

Post by JH »

I'm wondering what I should do as moderator about the episodes just posted by Space Knight (one under that name and the rest anonymously). I think that he or she means well, but the episodes show a rather cavalier attitude toards continuity. Unfortunately, no email address is given, so I can't discuss the problem with him/her. The episodes in question are 1408, 3968, 7104, 28746, 31460. I'm reluctant to discourage a new writer by deleting them all. If it had been deliberate sabotage, I'd have deleted them without hesitation, of course.
JH
ODS

Post by ODS »

Maybe a slight edit, so that it shows more continuity. :?
They are good episodes for what seems to be a begginer, just as you said(Defanently better then my early deleted 32293. :( )
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Well, the episodes are not bad episodes by themselves. Unfortunately, they have no practically continuity, with the exception of 28476. I think 28476 can be made to fit with a slight edit. I really don't see how any editing can make the others fit in their current location. However, they are fine episodes and could easily fit elsewhere within the story.

1408 would work great as an option from 65.
3968 could perhaps be fixed by adding a "something else" option to 3296, as 3968 could actually lead directly from it. 3968 just doesn't honor the chosen option.
7104 could be added as a new option from 243.
31460 could probably go from any "something else" option.

The trouble with moving the episodes around like this is that the episode numbers will change. If the original author comes back looking for them, they won't be able to find them. It will appear to them that the episodes were deleted, and will be unaware of the effort that was taken to preserve the episodes. Tough call. Hopefully they are reading the bulletin board.