To the Authors of 32296 and 33210

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

To the Authors of 32296 and 33210

Post by JH »

32296: "Yo modorater, Go ahead and delete this episode and 32293 and 32291 i didn't mean to press save, and when i realised what i had done, i was not able to edit it back. Sorry for the trouble, I'm done writing on here anyway, i'm not good at writing."

I've done as you requested, and deleted 32291 onwards. I hope you're reading this, as I'd like to encourage you to continue writing. You'll be most welcome here. Lots of practice is the way to improve, and I'm sure that you'll produce some good episodes.

33210: "Sence the **** Modorater won't delete the episodes, I'll change bobos name to The mighty ninja, Kojima. And his weapon will be a katana of some sort."

The ***Moderator lives in England, which meant that by the time 32296 had been posted he had already gone to bed. And he has his own life to lead, which means that there may be occasions when it will be several days before he can catch up with reading the new episodes.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Re: To the Authors of 32296 and 33210

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote:
32296 wrote:Yo modorater, Go ahead and delete this episode and 32293 and 32291 i didn't mean to press save, and when i realised what i had done, i was not able to edit it back. Sorry for the trouble, I'm done writing on here anyway, i'm not good at writing.
I've done as you requested, and deleted 32291 onwards. I hope you're reading this, as I'd like to encourage you to continue writing. You'll be most welcome here. Lots of practice is the way to improve, and I'm sure that you'll produce some good episodes.
I'd like to second that. You are of course most welcome here. We have writers of all skill levels. If you want to improve your writing, this is certainly a good place to do so. We try to maintain a friendly environment and I'm sure people will be happy to offer praise and criticism if you want feedback regarding your writing.

I'm concerned that you are having problems editing your episodes. I've checked the edit logs and it appears that you were able to make some changes to the episodes, so I'm wondering what happened that prevented you from editing them later on. You should be allowed to edit an episode up to 30 days after you have written it. However, this requires that you allow my site to set a persistent cookie on your browser for it to work. If you want me to help you diagnose the problem you are having, I'll be happy to do so.
JH wrote:
33210 wrote:Sence the **** Modorater won't delete the episodes, I'll change bobos name to The mighty ninja, Kojima. And his weapon will be a katana of some sort.
The ***Moderator lives in England, which meant that by the time 32296 had been posted he had already gone to bed. And he has his own life to lead, which means that there may be occasions when it will be several days before he can catch up with reading the new episodes.
I'd like to point out that Sir-Toby.Com, and Extend-A-Story are completely volunteer efforts. No one gets paid for this. I have no advertising on the site, and never intend to put advertising on the site. I'd like to thank JH for all the hard work he puts into moderating the story. It can sometimes take a while for us to catch up with things that require our attention. Please be patient.

In the future, please utilize the message board if you want to send a message to JH or myself. Since that will make your message more visible, it will generally get you a faster response. In particular, I don't follow the story quite as carefully as JH does. Since I live on the west coast in the United States, I'm generally still able to respond to questions after JH was gone to bed. However, we both have busy schedules, so don't expect an immediate response.
ODS

Post by ODS »

Sir toby,
At the time i created 32293 my PC was experiansing major chrashes, so bad that it would delete some memory each time,
If i am correct, i experianced one, after the save of the 32293 Edit.
So what probably happened is that the crash deleted my NEQ cookies, makeing it Not posable to correct the episode.
Thanks
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

That's certainly possible. Does the edit feature seem to be working okay for you now?
ODS

Post by ODS »

It seems to be working perfectly,
I'll tell you if i experiance any difficulty with it.