Re: Fred Donair

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

TCO

Re: Fred Donair

Post by TCO »

I'm sorry if this came up before. Lord Fred's futuristic alter ego, Fred Doniar, encounters a lifeboat [20701] One of the options involves the discovery of a creature called a Ibornite [20715] Carrying on along this thread, Fred's vessel is called the Princess Astra, first mentioned when Fred encounters the large armed freighter [20812] and so on.

However, one of the other options from 20701 is the discovery of Aresia [20785] Here Fred gives the ship's name as Vellus. Now this wouldn't bother me, it being a different thread. However, when Fred and Aresia encounter the Westonian Armada [21181] the ship's name has gone back to Princess Astra again. Is this a continuity error, or am I missing something :?:
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who

Post by Guest »

Almost certainly a continuity error. When I get home this evening, I'll check it out and assuming that it IS an error I will fix it.

JH (posting from work)
JH

Post by JH »

You were quite right, TCO. The ship was referred to as "Vellus" in 20785, 20786 and 20908, so I've fixed 21181 and 21215 to be consistent. Thanks for spotting it and pointing it out.
JH