Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Post by JH »

I've been rereading the thread leading up to 31617. I'd forgotten just how insanely complicated (though high quality) it is. It makes MSG's stories look simple in comparison. :)

Are you planning on writing any more just now, Knight Random, or did you want me to write the next episode? Though whether I can do so without my brain exploding is another matter. :)

In 17016, Fred 2 is assigned to a group other than the Logopolis group, and I made 17287 consistent with that. However in the intervening 17286 he's with the Logopolis group. Would you like me as moderator to correct 17286 to be consistent with the other episodes? If so, please let me know just how you would like it to be changed.
JH
Knight Random

Re: 31617

Post by Knight Random »

JH wrote:I've been rereading the thread leading up to 31617. I'd forgotten just how insanely complicated (though high quality) it is. It makes MSG's stories look simple in comparison. :)
Thank you. I started that thread about two years ago, although it seems much shorter for some reason. I think this thread was a major step for me as a writer, because it was much more epic and ambitious than anything I'd written before. It was the closest thing I'd written at that point to a proper story. I think some of it holds up quite well, especially the parts with Farlane Silverhand. However, I threw in too many characters without really knowing what I wanted to do with them, and some parts I regret a bit, like making Sir Josh the third Brazen Man.

I often do tend towards convoluted and confusing plots, and this thread was pretty much the ultimate example of that. I admit that the desire to outdo MSG was part of it, and I also wanted to give one possible answer to the question of how the ATFF threads could possibly co-exist. I also drew mainly on my own threads, and not always the interesting ones, which was maybe a mistake. What made it worse was that there were many characters and ideas drawn from the Doctor Who novels of that period, like biodata and Compassion, which not necessarily everyone would have read.
Are you planning on writing any more just now, Knight Random, or did you want me to write the next episode? Though whether I can do so without my brain exploding is another matter. :)
I will probably write another episode, alhtough how soon is a different matter. I just started college, and it's taking a lot of demands on my time.
In 17016, Fred 2 is assigned to a group other than the Logopolis group, and I made 17287 consistent with that. However in the intervening 17286 he's with the Logopolis group. Would you like me as moderator to correct 17286 to be consistent with the other episodes? If so, please let me know just how you would like it to be changed.
Sure. I'll get back to you on this later. Soon, I'll have to headd to my next class!