NEQ general discussion, etc. (was: Jack's Sofa RIP?)

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Post by JH »

Now my brain hurts - but in a good way. :) The Thoabath thread seems fairly straightforward (except that it doesn't really have any proper backward continuity prior to 3037 - 3957 has an alternative backlink, but that doesn't really help). I guess that means that prior to 3037 Fred's back story can be assumed to be whatever is convenient. :) I shall have to carefully reread the Fred & Irena thread. All I can recall of it now is that it was long, complicated and mysterious. :)
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

There's a summary of that thread on Anableps's site. As to the Thoabath business, I assumed that he had the same backstory as his counterpart from Betrayal by Moonlight, IE, he went to Hell after Vincent failed to bring him back. Which means he could actually be Astra 2's Fred. Or not.
"All spelling errors are to be ingored."--Stephen Ratliff
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Also, I might not write any new episodes for a while because I'll be concentrating on a continuation of the Borderlands thread. This episode--or rather episodes, since I plan on addressing all the key subplots as well as adding a few new ones--will likely take some time to write.
JH

Post by JH »

That would be good. :)

I wasn't always keen on the direction that thread took, but I was in a minority as both Wolfrun and Y wanted to take it that way. Another point is that Astra was always intended to reappear in the story at some point, but we neber got that far.
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

She certainly will be reappearing in the episodes that I write, along with the dwarves. It took me quite some time to figure out what to do with them, especially since Astra has been through so many traumatic things in this thread it's pretty hard to see how she could recover, but now I think I have it.

I very much doubt the direction I'll be going in is what Wolfrun and YY intended, whatever that was. Especially since it involves several characters who hadn't even been created when they wrote their episodes. Mainly I want to make sure that what I'm writing is consistent with all the details of what came before, so I took careful notes on all the background details, subplots, and complicated symbolism and prophecies.
JH

Post by JH »

I've just sent you a PM detailing what some of WolfRun's ideas for the thread were, as set out in the last email I had from him some five years ago. Obviously you aren't bound to follow any of those ideas, but some might be thought-provoking.
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Well, I finally managed to write the episode with Jenny. I hope there aren't any blatant errors in it. :) It was indeed a lot of fun to write especially since, alas, there doesn't seem to be any sign of her returning in Doctor Who anytime soon.

The Sisterhood of Karn were from the classic Who episode Brain of Morbius. The semi-canonical novels written by former Doctor Who producer Andrew Cartmel, which I'm following loosely here but taking with a grain of salt, established that they originated on ancient Gallifrey.

I don't know whether this is the same variety of lycanthropy from the new series episode Tooth and Claw or not.
JH

Post by JH »

In your Dream Realms episode, did you have anything in particular in mind for what RH should stand for? It doesn't affect my ability to write a continuation; I'm just curious.
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

It means since the Reign of Hippolyta or something to that effect.
JH

Post by JH »

Thanks. That makes sense.
JH