Anniversaries

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Ben McClellan II

Anniversaries

Post by Ben McClellan II »

I was reading over the talk page for the Addventure page at Wikipedia, and I saw a response to someone who had posted a comment about using Scott and Josh as two examples of extend-a-story characters, as if they were the dominant characters featured at every addventure site in existance today.
Devil's Advocate; some of these characters have been around for ten years or -more- over a multitude of websites. Just sayin'. (Lots42)
And then, it hit me: Josh Burbank has been in existance for ten years now, having made his first appearance in the first version of Horsehockey when that site went live ten years ago this month. He was soon joined by Scott from Addventure, who I had inserted into an episode as a joke, but we kept running with it.

Also, next spring, Scott will have been around for a whopping fifteen years. He, as most of you know, was the main character for Addventure's Game 3, which began in 1995 and closed four years later. I should also reiterate that Addventure's Game 4 is still under construction, and it should be up sometime after we all die. Boy, that one had better be the be-all, end-all extendable story site when it finally goes live!

Yeah, extendable fiction isn't the most popular thing out there, but it is a little nice to see that we can still come up with characters that have staying power, right?
Twitter: @benmcclellan

Horsehockey v5.0: Ongoing! horsehockey dot ORG
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

That joker's been around for ten years? It's a wonder no one has killed him yet. Wait, they have. Never mind then. :roll:
JH

Post by JH »

:)

Fred, Astra, Velus and Belboz have been around for over 11 years, if only on this one website.
JH
Lots42

Post by Lots42 »

Eleven year? Holy crap. Belboz is a jerk.
- Burbank/Chen 2020. Sexy is as sexy does.