Odd buglet

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Odd buglet

Post by JH »

I've noticed that in a couple of recent episodes that I've created the colour scheme has changed from that of the parent episode, even though I didn't explicitly change it. For example, my 72007 in reply to 72000. I thought that an episode would normally inherit its parent's scheme. If that isn't currently the default behaviour, then it would be nice if it was.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH, you are correct that the default behavior is for a child episode to inherit the color scheme of the parent episode.

I did some testing in the beta test story and came up with a possible cause for this problem. I can reproduce this behavior by changing the color scheme for an episode after it has been created. The default color schemes for child episodes are set when the parent is created. If the color scheme of the parent episode is subsequently changed, the color schemes for child episodes that haven't been created yet are not updated to reflect the new color scheme for the parent.

I have filed this as a bug at SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... p_id=63727
JH

Post by JH »

Thanks.
JH