Posssible glitch?

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Lots42

Posssible glitch?

Post by Lots42 »

I was on the library computers, making an NEQ episode. A very long story ensued and it resulted in me having to close down my browser while still in the episode writing screen. I don't remember the numbers involved in the episode, or pretty much anything else about it, for I am senile.

I hope I didn't break the database. 8-)

I know, it's probably just a lock that will expire in a day but I wasn't sure so it's better to be safe then Josh Burbank.
JH

Post by JH »

Yes, I think it should just result in a lock that will expire in a period of time. It's unfortunate if you've lost what you typed, though. In those circumstances, where it's not your computer and so you can't save what you've written in a file, it's probably best to post what you've got so far rather than lose it, and write the rest of it at a later time.
JH
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

If I had a pound for every time I'd closed my browser in the middle of writing I'd have probably about four pounds. You're alright, mate, trust me.
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

The problem with continuing later is that the server uses a cookie to keep track of who, or rather whose computer, is authorized to edit an episode. So if you start writing an episode on a public computer you can't finish it at home, and unless the public computer wipes personal data regularly (or you do it yourself before you leave), anyone who uses it can edit your episode...
Well, that's how I understand it anyway.