What Do The Markings Do?

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Poisen Jam(for now) NT

What Do The Markings Do?

Post by Poisen Jam(for now) NT »

What do all these markings like < H > do.I already know what < J > does,but what do all the others do? :?:
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Re: What Do The Markings Do?

Post by Sir Toby »

Poisen Jam(for now) NT wrote:What do all these markings like < H > do.I already know what < J > does,but what do all the others do? :?:
What markings are you talking about? Where are you seeing them?

Post by Guest »

Sir Toby wrote:
Poisen Jam(for now) NT wrote:What do all these markings like < H > do.I already know what < J > does,but what do all the others do? :?:
<P> When you create an episode,you can see them at the top saying u are limited to useing these thing blablabla or in other words,the page where you createe an episode
JH

Post by JH »

Anonymous wrote:
Sir Toby wrote:
<P> When you create an episode,you can see them at the top saying u are limited to useing these thing blablabla or in other words,the page where you createe an episode
I think you are talking about the HTML tags that you can use in episodes to get the layout you want. In summary:

<p> Starts a new paragraph.
<br> "break" - Starts a new line (like <p> but without a blank line in between).
<hr> "horizontal rule" - puts a horizontal line all across the page. Useful for indicating that you are shifting to a different place or time.
<i> and </i> turn italics on and off.
<b> and </b> turn boldface on and off.
<u> and </u> turn underlining on and off.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

JH is Correct

Post by Sir Toby »

Yeah, those are just the allowed HTML tags for episodes within Extend-A-Story. I believe JH has documented all of the allowed tags, and what they do. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Noise Tank

About the markings.

Post by Noise Tank »

What exactly is the reason for the tag <P>? Why can't we just press return to space out our sentences. Let me guess. It's used so that people don't make 10 spaces in between sentences, right?
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

Web pages, including episodes of our addventure, are written in HTML - HyperText Markup Language, in which <p> says that you want to start a new paragraph. If you try to get a newline by pressing Return, it will just be ignored. That's not a decision made by Sir Toby but just the way that HTML works.
JH