The 'other' NEQ board

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Lots42

The 'other' NEQ board

Post by Lots42 »

So what's the official NEQ position on the LJ community called 'Horsehockey'? After all, IIRC, it's purpose is to talk about all sorts of extendable story goodness. I know we have the forum here but I can think of many topics that relate to extendable stories and NEQ but may or may not exactly fit onto the general theme of this board.

For example, if I wanted to talk about how funny it was when Josh was dropped into a juicer in episode whatever or what unattainable woman/man/car Scott has a crush on or other extendable story websites. Or all three.
JH

Post by JH »

So what's the official NEQ position on the LJ community called 'Horsehockey'?
I wouldn't have thought there was one, though only Sir Toby knows for sure.

Maybe there's a place for an LJ community called"addventure", to cover discussion about all addventures? (Assuming that such a community does not already exist - I haven't checked.)
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Re: The 'other' NEQ board

Post by Sir Toby »

Lots42 wrote:So what's the official NEQ position on the LJ community called 'Horsehockey'? After all, IIRC, it's purpose is to talk about all sorts of extendable story goodness. I know we have the forum here but I can think of many topics that relate to extendable stories and NEQ but may or may not exactly fit onto the general theme of this board.

For example, if I wanted to talk about how funny it was when Josh was dropped into a juicer in episode whatever or what unattainable woman/man/car Scott has a crush on or other extendable story websites. Or all three.
I wasn't aware of the LJ community called 'Horsehockey'. At the moment, I have no official position regarding it.

If the question is, what do I think about discussions of other Extend-A-Story stories hosted on other web sites, or discussions of other Addventure-based stories hosted on other web sites using software other than Extend-A-Story, I would say that such discussions would likely be off topic with the current discussion forums available on this web site.

That being said, I am open to creating a new forum for discussions of other Extend-A-Story stories hosted on other web sites, or discussions of other Addventure-based stories hosted on other web sites using software other than Extend-A-Story, where such discussions would be completely welcome.

I have also considered creating a completely "Off Topic" forum where anything goes, just to give people a place to hang out without having to specifically discuss something in particular.

Hopefully I've understood your question. Let me know if you have further questions. Also, let me know if there is any desire to add additional forums to this web site.
Lots42

Post by Lots42 »

I would like an off topic forum.

And I wouldn't mind a forum where one discusses the nitty gritty of plot, or lack of, as the case may be.

Did Scott set the kitchen on fire in June or July? Has Velus hit on Astra yet? Should Jasper ever return? Is there an episode with the two lane road? Who wants to coperate on an episode where the dragon runs for the Presidency and eats cows?

Maybe I don't know what I am saying.
JH

Post by JH »

It's surely on-topic to discuss nitty-gritty issues of plot in this forum, in the appropriate Discussion ("Never Ending Quest" or "Black Void").
JH
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

Lots42 wrote:Did Scott set the kitchen on fire in June or July?
Probably both, and he'll do it again in August. :wink: :twisted: