lmao wtf

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Is this forum dead?

Yes.
7%
No.
29%
Creme puff's are delicious.
64%

Total votes: 14

WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

I won't press for an edit, but Knight Random wrote in the bit about Exotica being the only surviving heir of the King in Ep.46942, and from that point on there is only the one story-thread; there aren't any alternate off-shoots. So, if it was edited, it would not cause any problems to any other stories.

As for Bonfire Night, it sounds kinda wild. But, um, while everyone is out burning effigies of Guy Fawkes and celebrating the failure of the Gunpowder Plot, what do all of the Catholics do? Lock their doors, shut their windows, and watch 'V for Vendetta' all night? Or maybe they rent 'A Man for all Seasons' instead.
JH

Post by JH »

That's a good question. I suspect that the origins of the celebrations have now been sufficiently forgotten that most Catholics are probably happy to take part.

I'll see if I can make a suitable episode to the episode that you've indentified. I'm sure that KR won't mind.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

Thanks, WolfRun. I kind of got lazy toward the end, though. I actually meant for them to come across Zular on the road, and do battle with him, but by then it was like midnight.

Meh.

You're right, though. This has got to be the worst version of Allaria I've come across. Especially that castle. Yikes.

I like Exeter, too. And as for the error: whatever pleases everyone else. Just thought I'd point it out. There's BOUND to be errors. But if JH feels like fixing it then I'm all for it.

I'd like to see Ryu put in his two cents, and I'm sure eventually he will.

Oh yes, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all the ghouls and goblins out there! This year I'm going to dress up like a gun toting sara palin and chase a pal of mine who will be dressed up like a moose around the neighborhood.

It's going to be an actual loaded gun with real live ammo. And I'm going to actually try to shoot this 'friend' of mine! Mwuahahaha!

No. Not really. Would make for a good news headline, though!
JH

Post by JH »

Now fixed, I hope.

I also excised the bit in that episode about Exotica being the heir to the throne. Unless it's specified elsewhere, then it leaves it open as to whether Exotica or Exeter is the heir. If Exeter is the elder sibling, then he's clearly the heir. If he's the younger, then it will depend on whether, as in most monarchies, males take precedence over females. In that episode of Knight Random's, the care that the King was taking over Exotica's education in military matters could be seen as possibly implying that she was the heir. Or maybe he feared that, in an age when many died young, Exeter might predecease him and leave Exotica as the heir.
JH
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

If I was a moose, I'd pay to have Sarah Palin chase me.
WolfRun

Where is Mt.Cicatrice located?

Post by WolfRun »

Just a quick question to Ib, or to anyone else out there.

Exactly where is Mt.Cicatrice located? Is it in the Fens of Canmoor, is it on the border between the Fens and Allaria, or is it inside Allaria near the border with the Fens?

If anyone knows the answer (or just thinks they do) please post a reply. Or post a note. But whatever you do, don't post-it note because that's copyrighted.

Seriously though, does anyone know where that dang mountain is located?
JH

Post by JH »

I did a search on episodes containing the word "Cicatrice". There are quite a few, but at least the first few don't locate it precisely. One mentions the mountain being made out of basalt. I think that, geologically, that would rule out its actually being within the fens. Also one episode mentions the approach to it being through forests. 9469 mentioned that it was about 40 miles from wherever Andrea had got to at that moment, so if backtracking tells you where she was then that might help.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

I always imagined it being directly to the west and north of the fens. Therefore if one was journeying from the king's city to the fens, the mountain would be your first marker as you headed south and eastward.

HOWEVER...

The traveller, in his map, has it to the south and west of the fens. And in his layout of Allaria, it would be NORTH and WEST of the king's city. It DOES get confusing.

For whatever reason I've always imagined the king's city in the north central region, with the fens laying due east and mount cicatrice just north of the fens and on the western fringe.

I've also always assumed it was a semi-dormant volcano. Therefore, unlike the Shrekken mountains, it stands alone in an otherwise fairly flat expanse of land. I'd also always figured the spring run off from the mountain is partly what feeds the fens.

SO! To make a long story short, I think there is a general consensus that the mountain is INSIDE allaria on the BORDER of the fens.
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

Thanks Ib for the heads up on where you think Mt.Cicatrice is. And I have to agree with you, that Caemlyn is in the centerish of Allaria and the Fens are to the southeast. Cicatrice's location isn't actually critical for me, whether its located in the Fens or in Allaria, I just like to know the lay of the land and know that I'm on the same page as everyone else. So having it in Allaria near the border works fine by me. And having it a semi-dormant volcano is a nice touch.

ALSO, I just finished up an add-on to the Eibon story but when I went to post it I found that my option had been changed. I chose to follow up with Exotica meeting Duke Zular (option #3). But option #3 has now been changed to Exotica meeting Mary.

Um, could Zular be put back into the option mix? Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with gumdrops on top?

Oh, and JH, thank you for taking the time to look up Mt.Cicatrice. I too had used the search engine and found those episodes you mentioned. But I didn't see any specific location info as I scanned them over and I was too lazy to read through all of it. Especially since those eps. are part of the Traveler storyline of Andrea & The Four Winds, which is a very densely written epic (as you well know since you're a major co-writer of it).
JH

Post by JH »

WolfRun wrote:ALSO, I just finished up an add-on to the Eibon story but when I went to post it I found that my option had been changed. I chose to follow up with Exotica meeting Duke Zular (option #3). But option #3 has now been changed to Exotica meeting Mary.

Um, could Zular be put back into the option mix? Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with gumdrops on top?
I've enabled Add New Option for that episode, so that you can add an option where Exotica meets Duke Zular.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Oh. Well. Thanks, JH. But I already changed option 3 back to Zular. Don't know why i changed it in the first place. Sorry!
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

Hey Ib, I just posted my Zular episode. Thanks for bringing back the Zular option.

And, just so you know, the title "Under the Shadow of Cicatrice" is not literal. Obviously from what you wrote in the previous episode they are still a bit of a ways from the mountain. The title is symbolic, as in Exotica is now within the reach of Belboz.

And as for my one and only option (I know how that gets under some people's skin) it need not necessarily lead directly into the meeting of Belboz and Exotica. All that the option says is that Belboz is waiting. So if the next few episodes deal with something/somebody else, well, Belboz will still be waiting.

So feel free (Ib or anyone else) to add on as you see fit.

Well, as long as it doesn't involve Scott or Josh.

But that should go without saying. Although, maybe that's not exactly true since I just said it. And then I wrote it down. Right here. Which is pretty obvious since you just read it. I think I'll stop now.

Oh, and I too would like to see Ryu jump back into this story.

Ok, now I'm ready to stop. Gotta go lock my doors before the evil children come back.
KR

Post by KR »

Sorry I've been absent for a bit. A number of things came up, including my uncle's wedding. I'm also doing National Novel Writing Month this year, so most of my energies will be concentrated there.

Wolfrun, your most recent extension of the first option thread was excellent. Just one little suggestion--the episodes that Ib and I wrote starting the storyline in the caves had the black background. It would be a nice touch if we used the black background for the episodes in the caves and the scroll background for the episodes in New York.

As for the Guy Fawkes thing, one Catholic writer suggested making a House of Parliament out of gingerbread and then blowing it up with fireworks. :D
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

Hi Knight Random,
Congrats to your uncle. And good luck on the novel writing.

I'm happy you liked my Dead City episode. And just so you know, I can't say I know who the strange white man is, but he sure seems dreamy :) (Or maybe he's not a dream :shock: )
As for using the black background, I was unaware of that but will use it in the future (as long as I don't forget). You are right, it is a nice touch.

Also, while I don't support blowing up the House of Parliament, I sure would like to be there to see that gingerbread House go up in a glory of fireworkalicious goodness. I love to see things go BOOM!
KR

Post by KR »

Well, at this point the novel is about 3000 words long... about as much as I was supposed to have written in the first two days. Oh well. I was pretty sure I could write 1500 or so words every day because I was writing about that much during my last round of writing for NEQ... guess I'd forgotten that I hadn't written before that for 10 months or so. :) And also that I was alternating between two different threads, which made me less likely to get tired of the story. Anyway, it's coming along. I may contribute something to this site if I ever want to vary what I'm writing or procrastinate further, but if not expect me back at the start of next month.

Oh, and I also am sort of dating now, maybe. But that's not important. :P