Shout out

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Jonathan Nolan

Shout out

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

I have added a direct explicit thanks and shout out to Jeff Weston on page 1 of JACK'S SOFA.

So far we have had 4000 odd visitors to it and it is listed on the Australian Film Commission site and some other sites that are out there beyond the IF community etc. so I hope to see many more people implement this inspired and elegant game engine. :)

Jeff deserves all the praise he gets imo.
JH

Re: Shout out

Post by JH »

I was a little startled to receive a recommendation from Amazon this morning:

Based on your recent visit, we thought you might be interested in these items. Jack's Sofa by Jonathan Nolan
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AX ... em_si_text

I assume this must be a novel based on the Jack's Sofa addventure. Hopefully if any of the story is derived from episodes written by people other than Jonathan they will have been given due credit. (The website where the addventure was hosted is long gone.)
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Is there any chance of a revival of Jack's Sofa? Even if our old episodes were gone, I'd love for it to exist again.
Execute Order 66
flying tiger comics

Post by flying tiger comics »

I never used anybody's work but my own and the novel was original stories anyway. All it shared was the purple sofa.

Jack's Sofa been gone a long time, but there is a new extend-a-story up here:
https://thezombienomicon.com/zombienomicon.html
JH

Post by JH »

Thanks for the clarification. I hope that the novel sold a lot of copies. I'd noticed that the name Jonathan Nolan appears in the "small print" on the new website, and had guessed that you and he were one and the same.
JH
flying tiger comics

Post by flying tiger comics »

JH wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I hope that the novel sold a lot of copies. I'd noticed that the name Jonathan Nolan appears in the "small print" on the new website, and had guessed that you and he were one and the same.
You vaguely make it sound like my identity is a secret... It hardly can be since it's everywhere on my work...

As for "small print"... It all is! Except on the home page where it's something like 24pt font. :)