Editing backgrounds in the SQL file

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Jonathan Nolan

Editing backgrounds in the SQL file

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

Hi,

I am toying around with changing backgrounds, and am wondering just what size nuclear bomb that will prove to be if or when I import a modified EaS SQL file ... :)

All I am considering doing is adding more colored backgrounds on the pull down menu for text / background choice by adding new insert choices using hex code colors.

Is that going to be a monstrous problem?
Jonathan Nolan

UPDATE

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

For future games I load up I have created a modified Extend-a-Story file and a little text file listing the files you will need to put in the IMAGES/ directory to make it work.

Since JACK'S SOFA has any kind of genre available I wanted to do a lot of different backgrounds and they are the ones I am loading right now. It's looking great.

Jeff deserves so much praise for this work. It is just exactly right and I reviewed pretty much every program and coding effort out there before picking this one. It is the only one that makes the WHOLE process a lot of FUN. :)

-J
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

If you import a modified Extend-A-Story SQL file without taking care to remove the bit that drops and recreates all the tables, you will lose all your data. So don't do that... Instead, just directly insert the new data into your existing tables. You can use the existing insertion lines in the Extend-A-Story SQL file for an example.
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

It is done.

We've got 133 backgrounds so far... We're going to shoot for 300! :)