Do you listen to music while you write?

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Noise Tank

Do you listen to music while you write?

Post by Noise Tank »

I personally think that music can be soothing and aide you in your writing depending on the type of music. I enjoy rock and pop as much as the next guy, but it seems to do more bad than good when writing. I prefer to have Orchistras, pianos, and medias going on as I write.

A few of my favorites are themes from the Final Fantasy series, The Star War soundtrack, and The Harry Potter soundtrack.
Execute Order 66
Ryu Hayabusa

Post by Ryu Hayabusa »

Techno and rock are good for writing fight scenes, I've noticed.
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Ryu Hayabusa wrote:Techno and rock are good for writing fight scenes, I've noticed.
I prefer the final fight in Star Wars :D
Execute Order 66
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

I watch DVDs on my laptop instead. The puters are all networked together and in front of me so I have one playing films whilst I type. :)
Ben McClellan II

Post by Ben McClellan II »

*bump!* Hee hee!

I usually always listen to music whenever I write here. I'm the kind that needs some kind of background noise whenever I work. If I'm in a room and all I can hear are the clicking of keys, it gets on my nerves.

I have a 60gb iPod that is nearly full. One of my projects that I keep putting off is listing the contents of my iPod on my Angelfire page just to show people what exactly I listen to. Whenever that gets completed, I'll let you know. :wink:
Twitter: @benmcclellan

Horsehockey v5.0: Ongoing! horsehockey dot ORG