Do you imagine any of the characters against there given...

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Noise Tank

Do you imagine any of the characters against there given...

Post by Noise Tank »

(Continued from title) describtion? You know. The story tells that this woman has red hair, yet you imagine her with blonde hair.

I, personally, don't imagine Fred with a beard, imagine Astra with blonde hair, Velus a bigger dog than described, and Exotica with red hair. I'm sure there are plenty more out there as well.
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

Well, if you want Astra to have blonde hair, for example, so long as you write off an episode before her hair colour has been described then you can do that, though at the risk of confusing people who come to the thread later on and just assume that her hair is red because it usually is.

Of course, you could always have her hair change colour as a result of some spell.

Someone once asked when Astra's hair was first described as red. It's not in the earliest episodes in which she appears, and I was unable to find the episode in question.
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

I don't have any problems with accidently discribing the characters from my view. I always remember their real describtions when writing about them inthe stories. :D
Execute Order 66
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

Tiny bits of explanation in narrative can help disbelief to continue to be suspended. For example even something stupid like "Fred's eyes blurred... Sometimes he found it a little hard to tell colors apart... 'Am I color blind sometimes?'" etc.

But it doesn't sound like the biggest of issues. :)