Meh?

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Won-Tolla

Meh?

Post by Won-Tolla »

Something funny just happened, thought I'd report it.

I was adding some nonsense to the beta story. Just a couple of lines, five options, checked the boxes for extendable episode and mail notification. Hit preview, nothing happened for a while so I hit the button again, got the preview, looked it over and saved.
The episode came up with three options and not extendable. I clicked the edit link to take a closer look, and it looks like the mail option didn't get registered either...
JH

Post by JH »

Possibly caused by hitting the Preview button twice? Sir Toby doesn't check up on this forum very often these days, so you might want to send him an email about it. AFAIK, the beta story is currently running the same version of the software as the two main stories, so any bugs that occur there will also be present in the main stories.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Did you try again to reproduce this at all?

Not sure what could cause it off hand. Seems like lots of stuff was going on when the problem happened to you.
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

I tried again just now but got no errors. (Feel free to delete episode 818)
Of course it was a bit different; there was no delay to speak of so I just hit Preview twice fast. Then I hit Save fast twice for good measure. Nothing special happened. Feeling stupid is normal to me. ;)
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

I won't worry about the problem too much unless you see it again. Let me know if it does come up again.