One for the Wishlist

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

One for the Wishlist

Post by JH »

Having posted an episode, I thought of a good idea for an extra option immediately afterwards. But though editing an episode is possible, you can't add an extra option. You can use Add New Option, of course, but then you have to provide an episode to "hang off" the option.

So in a future version of the software, would it be feasible to add the feature of being able to add a new option when editing an episode?
JH
The MSG

Maybe a bit radical but how about also....

Post by The MSG »

Hi,

Look, right now there is this one troll who keeps on adding episodes that do not go at all with the storylines he adds to AND . . .

He's being something of a jerk by now posting idiotic sh*t here on the board. :(

At other websites there might be a way around this by only being able to post at the bulleting board (as well as the storythread side proper) by being a registered member. That is, you put in a valid email address first. Then get an automated answering email to register with a radomly generated password (which can be changed later to the person's liking). Using that email's password (and his or her own of her own liking later on), only registered members could post.

Now, this might be too radical and perhaps involved, but this is just a suggested rememdy. My two cents worth.
The MSG

Maybe a bit radical but how about also....(addendum)

Post by The MSG »

Oh, and before I leave let me add that any registered member who abuses their privillegs could be banned....
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

But couldn't someone who isn't regestered abuse their privilages? It all depends on how much spam and trolling their is to decide whether or not we should have to log in to post (Which, I know some people would hate, but I wouldn't mind).

Anyways, MSG is saying what I was saying about episode 30. Eventually, the episodes have enough options and I think that they should be removed at some point.
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

ISTR Sir Toby saying te last time that this forum was abused that if there was further abuse he would have to consider making it members only. Anyway, now that it's morning here in the UK and I'm up, I'll see what I can do to remove the abuse.
JH