Adding tags

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

kris

Adding tags

Post by kris »

Is there any way to add tags such as img src and a href? I am using extend a story for a troubleshooting system and could use images to show people what to do and links to the parts they need or to documentation.

thx
-kris
JH

Post by JH »

That's an interesting application for the software!

IIRC, the episode creation page has some text telling you which HTML tags are allowed. Sir Toby made the design decision to keep what is allowed fairly minimal, and the tags that you'd like to use aren't included. If you'd like to ask him if the handling of more tags could be added, I suggest that you email him or send him a PM, as he hasn't been looking at this board very often recently.
JH
kris

Post by kris »

Thanks for letting me know, I didnt want to email him unless it was necessary but i just shot off an email so hopefully i will hear back from him soon.

Yeah this script is amazing and I am glad i found it, I had been searching for a little over a month for something similar and no one has anything close to it. With a little modification this script could be very useful for people in repairs to set up questions/answers and for it to branch into possible fixes depending on how the user repsonds to them.
JH

Post by JH »

An alternative way of doing what you want might be through LiveJournal:
http://www.livejournal.com
JH