Buggette?

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Buggette?

Post by JH »

I thought that the default background for an episode was inherited from its parent. That behaviour ensures a consistent background for a thread unless/until someone deliberately changes it. But in the NEQ, my just created 49373 has a different background from its parent, 46440, even though I didn't deliberately change it.
JH
Knight Random

Post by Knight Random »

I think after posting the episode I edited it to change the background. Your extension would have been the original color scheme. Perhaps that had something to do with it.
JH

Post by JH »

Could be. Maybe, for some reason, if an episode's colour scheme is edited the change isn't "remembered" for use by episodes subsequently written off it?
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote:Could be. Maybe, for some reason, if an episode's colour scheme is edited the change isn't "remembered" for use by episodes subsequently written off it?
That's it exactly. When an episode is written, empty stubs for the children episodes are created at that time, and their color scheme is set at that time as well. If you later edit the episode and change the color scheme, the color scheme for the children will not be adjusted, even if they have not been created yet.