What the? Superfundungeonrun?

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Ryu

What the? Superfundungeonrun?

Post by Ryu »

I found this addventure completely by accident, and I was startled by how similar the design is to Extend-A-Story.

http://www.superfundungeonrun.com/story/read.php

The guy who runs the site is obviously an asshole. I suggest putting a link to this site along with the "Drip Your Own Wax" thing. Either that or just sue him.
JH

Post by JH »

Looks like he's using the Extend-A-Story software all right, but since Sir Toby has made it freely available to anyone who wants it there's no problem with that (though an acknowledgement would have been nice).
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Yep. Looks like it is an unmodified version of Extend-A-Story. Not sure what version exactly. Perhaps I should put version numbers in the pages that are returned.

Nothing wrong with him running Extend-A-Story. As JH has pointed out, I make Extend-A-Story available as free (as in speech) software at SourceForge. While an acknowledgement would be nice, it isn't a requirement for running Extend-A-Story if I remember correctly. I suppose I have the option of adding a copyright notice to the bottom of pages that are returned, similiar to what phpBB does.