Episode creation weirdness

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Keegan

Episode creation weirdness

Post by Keegan »

I attempted to create Episode 42629, but when I went on to save it, it came up with the message that the said episode already existed or is being created by someone else. Whenever I try create the episode again, it pops up with the same message, despite the fact that the episode is unlocked. Weirder yet, the episode I tried to create exists in the story tree and search engine, yet is not actually there.

Just incase it helps, the exact message is as follows:

Creation Error

Episode 42629 Not Available For Creation

You have specified an episode that already exists, or that someone is currently working on. Wait a few moments and try again.
JH

Post by JH »

Well, it's there now and seems to be OK. The only idea I could come up with is that a bit of finger tremor could have meant that you accidentally pressed Save twice in quick succession, and that you subsequently couldn't see your created episode because you needed to do a Refresh. Maybe Sir Toby has a better suggestion.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Looks like JH has hit the nail on the head. I did a quick check of my web logs. It looks like you tried to save the episode twice in rapid succession. The first one succeeded, and the second one failed since the episode had already been saved. All subsequent saves also failed for the same reason. I didn't see any additional requests for the episode itself, so it would seem that your browser cached the version of the episode that wasn't created. Refreshing the actual episode page should resolve the issue.