editing old episodes

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Y

editing old episodes

Post by Y »

I have an old episode that no longer gives me the 'edit' option but I would like to change one thing. The episode is #1700. the change is the name of Fred's sister.
In 1700 she is called Fredrina - I'd like to change it to Rowena (a name I MUCH prefer for the Lady D'Honaire). Is there any way for authors to edit old episodes or is this something that only site administrators have access to? If it is, could you do me the favor of changing it? :wink:
JH

Post by JH »

As far as I know, authors can't edit any of their episodes that are more than a few days old (I can't recall quite how many days). I'll be happy to edit 1700 for you.
JH
JH

Post by JH »

I edited it, but after further investigation I had to reverse the changes I'd made. I found that 1851, which descends from 1700, uses "Fredrina". If that was the only one then, after consulting the author, I might have changed that as well. But 1851 has many descendants, and it would be a major task to change them all.
JH
Y

thanks anyway

Post by Y »

darn!
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote:As far as I know, authors can't edit any of their episodes that are more than a few days old (I can't recall quite how many days).
It's currently set for 30 days. That is a configurable option. I can change it to something else if people want.