Extend-A-Story Updates

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Sir Toby
Site Admin

Extend-A-Story Updates

Post by Sir Toby »

This is a quick update on some changes with the Extend-A-Story project. I've recently upgraded the Extend-A-Story project on SourceForge to use an updated version of their project management software. One of the big changes in the new version of their project management software is a new interface for managing support requests, feature requests, and bugs. For feature requests and bugs, you can now vote on items that you are interested in. I plan on using the number of votes to prioritize the work I do on Extend-A-Story, so be sure to log into SourceForge and vote on feature requests and bugs that you'd like to see me work on.

Another change with the new version of the project management software is that the URLs for accessing the Extend-A-Story source code repository have changed. If you use Git to directly access the Extend-A-Story source code repository, please make a note of the new URLs that are given on the Extend-A-Story code page.

I have several ideas for improving Extend-A-Story in some big ways. Some of these ideas include object-oriented programming, better error handling, database transactions, improved email notifications of episode extensions, and an updated database. Now that I've migrated Sir-Toby.Com to an updated server, it is possible for me to start work on these improvements. This new version of Extend-A-Story will be such a large change that I plan on calling it version 3.0.0.

However, I want to release a quick update of Extend-A-Story before I start on this larger release. This smaller release will be version 2.3.0. For this version, I only plan to focus on minor changes that don't require a lot of work. I've identified one feature request that fits this requirement and that I plan on implementing for version 2.3.0: Ability to Search on Episode Options. If you have other ideas for features that you'd like to see implemented for version 2.3.0, please submit a feature request. If a feature request is too much work, I will probably not include it for version 2.3.0, but I can consider just about anything for version 3.0.0.
JH

Post by JH »

Exciting times. :)
JH
lordreaibn

Post by lordreaibn »

Awesome!