Search engine problems

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Lots42

Search engine problems

Post by Lots42 »

Searching for more then one word in the Search engine does not work
- Burbank/Chen 2020. Sexy is as sexy does.
JH

Re: Search engine problems

Post by JH »

Lots42 wrote:Searching for more then one word in the Search engine does not work
Can you be more specific? Does it find fewer hits than it should (or maybe none at all), or does it find more hits than it should? What search string did you use?

BTW, I've moved this topic to "Extend-A-Story Discussion", as it didn't really belong where it was originally under "General Discussion".
JH
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

I tried a title search for Josh, Burbank, and Josh Burbank. Got 641, 81 and 64 hits respectively.

Looks like it searches for the exact string. A body search for "Fred Astra" only got one hit, an episode where the writer had left out the comma from "Fred, Astra and Velus".
Lots42

Post by Lots42 »

Won-Tolla wrote:I tried a title search for Josh, Burbank, and Josh Burbank. Got 641, 81 and 64 hits respectively.

Looks like it searches for the exact string. A body search for "Fred Astra" only got one hit, an episode where the writer had left out the comma from "Fred, Astra and Velus".
"Mike Cain" gets nothing. The phrase is in there
- Burbank/Chen 2020. Sexy is as sexy does.
JH

Post by JH »

I get three hits for episode title and 13 for episode body. Did you perhaps include the quotation marks in your search string, as you need to omit them? Failing that, all I can suggest that your search string had a typo in it.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

This topic is still somewhat recent, so there may still be problems people are having.

Lots42 (or anyone else): Are you still have any problems with the search function? Is there an actual problem with the search engine, or is there just a misunderstanding about how the search function works?