Anyone here?

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

KnightRandom

Anyone here?

Post by KnightRandom »

Looks like things are looking pretty dead right now, unfortunately. I suspect I wasn't the only one here who had moved on to other things. But I've been feeling a bit of nostalgia for the days when I was writing ridiculous amounts of stuff for NEQ. Part of this was from reading the webcomic MS Paint Adventures, which reminded me of the weird and convoluted stuff I used to write for NEQ, both in terms of the pseudo-game interface and the story. I wanted to do something in a bit of a similar vein but I really can't draw at all, so I wound up coming back here. That's part of the reason why my recent episodes have been... different. Going through a year of grad school is also part of it.[/url]
"All spelling errors are to be ingored."--Stephen Ratliff
JH

Post by JH »

Welcome back! It's good to "see" you again. Yes, it's been much too quiet here lately. I still check for new episodes at least once a day, though, partly in case something is posted that means I need to do some editing or deleting as moderator, but partly because I still hope to find something brilliant.

Many who were once regular writers return after a year or two for another spurt of activity, before going on another "sabbatical". I see this place as being a bit like the Hotel California: you can check out any time to like, but some of us can never leave.

I hope that you may get the inspiration also to continue one or two of our old threads. I've built up a considerable attachment to Fred and Astra over the years, and threads that dpn't feature them rarely "grab" me quite as much. However I will try to continue at least one of the episodes that you've just written. At least one of them (written off the "Something else" option) tempts me to write an episode that ends with a "pseudo-link" to the Black Void, where it seems that it might "fit" better.

PS: Although I like the idea that spelling errors shouldd be ingored, I've taken the liberty of correcting the one in your URL.

PPS. The "shouldd" was accidental, not me trying to be amusing.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

I'm still around.

I haven't been very inspired lately, however. I'll check out your new stuff. Welcome back, KR.
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I do mean to go back to something directly pertaining Fred's quest(s) soon, but right now I'm kind of trying out different things. I meant to write an episode off Door Three, which as people familiar with the Lovecraft mythos and related literature might have guessed, was intended to launch a thread inspired by The King in Yellow. But the episode I was writing kind of got out of hand and may no longer fit what I originally had in mind. It might work better as a short story in its own right. I'm mulling it over.
Ben McClellan II

Post by Ben McClellan II »

I'm also still around. I haven't written much lately, but I do have some ideas I'd like to get started on soon. It's just a matter of finding the time...and motivation.
Twitter: @benmcclellan

Horsehockey v5.0: Ongoing! horsehockey dot ORG
Inherited Tiger

Post by Inherited Tiger »

I'm here. But we've never met or anything. :)
JH

Post by JH »

That seems to have been a very brief return. :(
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I've been way, way busy with papers and such, as well as trying to write my own story. But I do mean to contribute something in the near future, if I ever have time.
JH

Post by JH »

Fingers crossed. And good luck with your own story. I hope I'll get the chance to read it when it's finished.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

There better be some explicit Barry Manilow references when and if you ever write something ever again in any context whatsoever.

And by something I mean anything.

And by ever again I mean never. And by never I mean probably.

And by Barry Manilow I mean no one.

And by 'and by' I mean...

And by, of course. Why else would I type 'and by' unless I meant 'and by'. I'm okay.
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

And by mean you mean mean?

Define 'is'. :twisted:
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I'm writing again, but I probably won't be writing very much or very often as I'm knee-deep in teaching. Still, any victory over the forces of not writing is appreciated.
JH

Post by JH »

Teaching? So have you now qualified as a schoolteacher?
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I'm now a grad student and teaching college freshmen. It's pretty stressful, I'll tell you what.
JH

Post by JH »

Congratulations on graduating!

It's great to have you back writing here again. :)
JH