Weird error

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Knight Random

Weird error

Post by Knight Random »

In episode 28498, a quotation mark is showing up as the html tag & No other quotation mark in this episode is doing this. What could possibly cause this?
JH

Post by JH »

You don't compose your episodes in Word, by any chance? Its attempts to be "helpful", with "intelligent quoting" and the like, can cause all sorts of weird effects.

I'd suggest you simply edit the episode to put in an ordinary quote character.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Re: Weird error

Post by Sir Toby »

Knight Random wrote:In episode 28498, a quotation mark is showing up as the html tag & No other quotation mark in this episode is doing this. What could possibly cause this?
Did you copy that section from another episode perhaps? When you view an episode on Extend-A-Story, quotes are sent out using the HTML entity & quot;. That is rendered on the browser into an actual quote. However, if you copy that HTML source and place it in the text of another episode, the ampersand is sent out using the HTML entity & amp;. That would prevent you from seeing the quote mark you are expecting.

If this doesn't seem to be what happened, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

(Edit: phpBB seems stupid when rendering the HTML entities I posted above. I added a space between the & and the following text.)