The Gamebook Engine

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Sir Toby
Site Admin

The Gamebook Engine

Post by Sir Toby »

I just ran into something called The Gamebook Engine and saw the following:
The Gamebook Engine is the first free, cross-platform engine for writing gamebooks, such as the "Choose Your Own Adventure" series, or the "Lone Wolf" series. TGE can interpret scripts that use the Hyena gamebook format.
I haven't tried it out at all, but given the relationship of Extend-A-Story to "Choose Your Own Adventure" style stories, I thought there might be some interest here.
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

Have you got any interest in extending... Extend A Story to make it a similar thing?
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

I haven't looked at it closely enough to see what it does. I'd have to take a closer look to see if I'd have any interest in extending Extend-A-Story to make it similar. If the Hyena gamebook format is popular, I could see some benefit to updating Extend-A-Story to support that format.
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

As far as I can see it isn't doing anything too controversial. I have done up a couple of versions of extend-a-story that allow multimedia functions, just never put them live for a test... It's nice to see the genre still alive and evolving though. :)