Spam

Forum for discussing any additional forums you'd like to see here, or features of the bulletin board you'd like to see enabled or disabled.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Sir Toby
Site Admin

Spam

Post by Sir Toby »

Seems someone has decided to start spamming this board. Depending on the severity of the spam, I may need to resort to forcing poeple to be logged in the post. I realize that this will be a pain for some, but if the spam gets worse, I'd rather deal with the pain of forcing people to create account than the pain of the spam.
JH

Post by JH »

I've just had to delete another one.
JH
JH

Post by JH »

After a quiet period, the spam is back in force. I've deleted about ten of them over the last two or three days. (I'm talking about genuine spam, not the Snorbin stuff.) I have therefore just emailed Sir Toby, suggesting that it may be time to restrict posting to logged in members only.
JH
TCO

Post by TCO »

Suits me. I'm normally automatically logged in anyway.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
eric kantona

Post by eric kantona »

Yet more spam has now arrived.

Would be a shame if you had to block non-registered posts (particularly as I would probably be too lazy to register!) but it is annoying . . .
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH has been in contact with me about the spam problem. If spam is getting to be too much of a problem, I will disable anonymous posts in an attempt to fight it.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

I've just been alerted to a major spamming spree on the board. I am now restricting the forum to members only to combat this problem. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.
JH

Post by JH »

Sir Toby wrote:I've just been alerted to a major spamming spree on the board. I am now restricting the forum to members only to combat this problem. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.
Thanks, Sir Toby.

In case anyone was wondering, you will still be able to read messages if you are not a member or are not logged in. But you won't be able to post.
JH