Keep Safe!

A forum for anything and everything that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Keep Safe!

Post by JH »

Keep safe, everyone!
JH
Anableps

Re: Keep Safe!

Post by Anableps »

Thanks, JH. I hope that you and all the other authors are well.

I am healthy so far. There are not many COVID-19 cases in the Charleston SC area yet, although I know more than the usual number of friends and acquaintances were down with normal colds in February than in past years. I am likely to go on furlough at work for the month of April, but I am still much better off than many.
JH

Post by JH »

I'm fine ATM, thanks. It's good to know that you are too.

I'm hoping that, with people likely to have more time on their hands, it might lead to some new addventure episodes appearing.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

I am fine as well, although getting a little stir crazy here in Oregon. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
flying tiger comics

Post by flying tiger comics »

It's bad here in Australia and getting worse. I am in an ultra high risk category too which is unhelpful. However for the moment I am safe and well. And I agree, this forced confinement will hopefully recruit and encourage some more writers!

Is there a facebook group for Extend-a-Story?
JH

Post by JH »

There's no Facebook page. Given that we have this forum, I'm not sure that it would really add anything, though Sir Toby might feel differently. Horsehockey, which uses the EAS software, has a Discord, which you can find the link to on their homepage at http://www.horsehockey.org/ It's not very active, though.
JH
flying tiger comics

Facebook is way more popular than Discord servers, and there are already interactive fiction groups. A Facebook group would undoubtedly attract new contributors as long as it was active and it would show up in searches too.
flying tiger comics

Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

I'm fine with people setting up a Facebook group if they want. However, I don't actively use Facebook and I don't have plans to be active on such a Facebook group.
flying tiger comics

No problem, the facebook group is just another way to try and get new writers. :)
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Sounds great! :D
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

I am fine n dandy, like sour candy!

A little stir crazy. I have two jobs, and was only laid off from one - So I still have some activty. They even gave me a raise. Woohoo!

We'll all look back on this and laugh.

Well...unless we die.

Scratch that.

And uh. Ya. Be safe. Keep that six foot buffer! Sheesh. I feel like Keanu Reeves in the Matrix with this social distancing. I was at the supermarket grabbing a tomato and you would have thought I just murdered a nun the way this lady looked at me and ushered her kids away, muttering, "I guess some people don't know the meaning of six feet..."

Jesus.
JH

Post by JH »

Glad to hear you're OK. I'm fine too. As a retired introvert, my life hasn't really changed that much, though I do miss being able to go out to lunch or to visit the cinema.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

I am still safe as well. Like JH, things haven't changed too much for me being an introvert. But it is one thing to decide not to do something and something else all together to not even have the option to do something. I miss playing pinball. :(
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

Oregon has been in the news with wildfires. I hope Sir Toby is OK.