Chutes and Ladders

Discussion about The Black Void.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Chutes and Ladders

Post by JH »

In Britain we have "Snakes and Ladders" rather than "Chutes and Ladders". Are snakes thought to be too scary for small American children? What wimps! :)
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

Ya! Maybe we are! But at least we floss! :lol:

That was uncalled for on my part. I'm sorry, JH. Not trying to start an international incident here.

Seriously though, a little flossing a day goes a long ways. Not trying to be preachy. Just a friendly suggestion to all my cousins across the pond.

I've gone too far, haven't I? Well YOU started it!

We've got rattlesnakes here, JH! And all kinds of nasty pit vipers! What have you got in England? A few jolly old garden variety snakes? You probably invite them over for a spot of tea and talk about politics!

They probably wear top hats!

Well OUR snakes are mean, with dripping fangs and glowing red eyes!!!!

*begins sobbing*

Does that make us WIMPS!? I guess so.

Seriously though. We've got some mean snakes over here.
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

As far as I remember it's just called Stigespillet (the ladder game) here in Norway. Can't remember the mechanism for moving downwards.
Anyway if Mya had wanted to play Snakes and Ladders I couldn't have made that awful pun. :twisted:
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

Maybe someone changed the name to Chutes and Ladders to work around a copyright. :?:

And Ib, your statements about teeth are a bit bold for someone whose last signed location is Kentucky, which gets more than its fair share of worn out jokes about the subject. :wink:
JH

Post by JH »

Children are afraid of snakes here too, even though only one of our species (the adder) is poisonous and its poison, though very unpleasant, is rarely fatal. But I think that the fear is an instinctive thing.
JH
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

The game has quite a history according to Wikipedia. Doesn't say why they changed the name though.