The Black Void?

Discussion about The Black Void.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

TCO

The Black Void

Post by TCO »

I've just read the first episodes of the Black Void and also hope to see it appear on your site sometime in the future, Sir Toby :) The world's first female american president, an alien trapped on the other side of the galaxy, a wizard in over his head and a human guinea pig. It'll interesting to see how their individual stories will pan out.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
Knight Random

Post by Knight Random »

Yes! If you guys ever get time to do this, it'll be fun to write about a completely different mythos and set of characters. Although I suspect it'll be only a matter of time before Josh Burbank shows up.
JH

Post by JH »

That reminds me, where are the first episodes of the Black Void? It's so long ago that I can't remember. Are they contained within the old Message Board?

Writers don't really seem to have had much trouble inserting any situation whatsoever within the Never Ending Quest, though - for example, the adventures of Stacy Jones and Fred Donair.
JH
Keegan (guest)

Post by Keegan (guest) »

Some are on display on the old message board, there's a link to them in my first post. The ones that aren't there are stored somewhere on Sir Toby's computer.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Yeah, I need to do some digging to find all of the old episodes.

Work has been killing me lately, so I've had no time for Extend-A-Story as of late. I'm hoping that perhaps at some point I can dig up all of the raw data I have on The Black Void and I can pass it all off to some brave volunteer who will be able to coordinate it all.
JH

Post by JH »

If "co-ordinating" just means entering the episodes into an "empty" story tree, then I'd be willing to do that.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Coordinating would mean (in my mind, at least) gathering up all the original episodes that were posted in the original message board and my inbox, making sure we have episodes for each starting point, and then entering the whole mess into an empty story tree.

As you can probably tell from the long length of time that has elapsed since I've posted here, I haven't had much time to work on this. I may have some time during the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend to dig up my old email archive.
JH

Post by JH »

Sir Toby wrote:Coordinating would mean (in my mind, at least) gathering up all the original episodes that were posted in the original message board and my inbox, making sure we have episodes for each starting point, and then entering the whole mess into an empty story tree.
I think that I could manage that.
Sir Toby wrote:As you can probably tell from the long length of time that has elapsed since I've posted here, I haven't had much time to work on this. I may have some time during the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend to dig up my old email archive.
If you can send anything relevant my way, and then set up an empty story that only I can access, then I'll set to work.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote:If you can send anything relevant my way, and then set up an empty story that only I can access, then I'll set to work.
Okay. I'm currently digging through my old email archive and the old message board. I will forward anything relevant that I find in my email archive to your email address. I will also work on setting up an empty story and sending the details for accessing it to you.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

I'm going to use this thread as a dumping ground for links to old message board messages discussing The Black Void.

Here is my official announcement, with several episodes already written:
http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/ ... hp?post=52

Here is me asking for some episodes to be written:
http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/ ... hp?post=59

Here is me saying that I have everything that I need for The Black Void and asking everybody to wait patiently:
http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/ ... hp?post=97

That last message implies that all the episodes were complete, but I know that wasn't the case. In particular, there were a few episodes I had planned to write, but never got around to it. JH, you may need to sollicit contributions to round out the remainder of the needed episodes.

<time passes...>

Okay, I've just sent all the emails I have on the subject to JH. Hopefully he can take the coordination of The Black Void from there.
Keegan (Guest)

Post by Keegan (Guest) »

If JH doesn't want to write all the missing episodes himself, I'd be willing to contribute at least one or two. :)
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

I think at this point we will try to go forward with what we have. Trying to sollicit additional contributions will only delay the process for taking the story live.
JoshB

Registered.

Post by JoshB »

Sir Toby contacted me letting me know that the Black Void may be coming soon.

I certainly hope so - I worked on it a loooooonng time ago.

Josh Bieber
JH

Post by JH »

Well, you shouldn't have to wait very much longer. Of course, I can't speak for Sir Toby, but as far as I am aware all the work of setting it up has now been completed, and it should be possible to "go live" pretty much any time now.

I'm impressed by all the work that you and Roanna put in and by the quality of your episodes. I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long to see your efforts bear fruit.
JH
Roanna

I'm so psyched.

Post by Roanna »

I am hoping the Black Void is live today. I've been checking every day this Thanksgiving break and hoping to do some serious writing. I think I did some of my best interactive story work for the Black Void. I think Josh did some of his best too.

Roanna/EHK
This space for rent