Cheating?

Discussion about The Black Void.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Won-Tolla

Cheating?

Post by Won-Tolla »

In the latest addition to TBV is is revealed that the chain of anagams on that thread appears to have lost a little weight on the way. Goedel has become Godel.
Well, I'd say it doesn't really matter as the proper spelling is Gödel; oe is just used by people who for some reason can't use ö. (And some people, me included, do prefer using o for ö when neccessary. It looks more like the original, and those who know the words can usually figure it out anyway. There are exceptions though - in Norwegian "høre" means to hear, but "hore" means whore. Oops! Did you whore what I just said?)

On another note ♪ I noticed we've only been using the short version of the title of EGB, so I thought I'd try to get something out of "An eternal golden braid". On the first try the trusty anagram generator tossed out a bunch of lines starting with two or three single A's. When I set the minimum word length to 2 it came up with 75 001 :!: anagrams including BANDANA ENROLLED TIGER and TELLER IGNORED BANDANA. Try to come up with a plot for that! :wink:
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

Um. Just noticed that Rolf Shutts Odegaard isn't a proper anagram either. It's got one R too much. So did the E morph into an R? :lol:

Well, we can always say that all these books were written years ago (particularly A Bled hog Screech which is positively antique), and whoever came up with all those names and titles didn't have computers to help them. so errors were made. Or they stretched the rules deliberately to make it work.