CHRISTMASSIVE!

General discussion about anything on Sir-Toby.Com that isn't covered by another forum.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Jonathan Nolan

CHRISTMASSIVE!

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

User A-Plus on the JACK'S SOFA forum has started a cool new thread from the first page, CHRISTMASSIVE! Get into the Xmas / holiday spirit to make this the longest best story ever! Come on everyone!

http://www.piscesallmedia.com/jackssofa ... isode=5239
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

Not to steal anyone's thunder (yeah right) but there's a Christmas related thread that could need some attention on this site as well.
Short intro here. (Follow option 1 from there.)
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I've gotten into the holiday spirit by contributing a bit to both threads (though I fear my Jack's Sofa contributions are probably a bit incomprehensible to those who haven't read certain of my other episodes for that site, and even for those who have.) When someone had an option in a continuation of one of my episodes where it was all Lord Fred's dream, I started up a thread about Lord Fred's very first quest, just so you know. :)
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

...and now the user Jaxter and a couple others are continuing it! I know Jaxter posted some threads to Sir Toby NEQ under another name so I am guessing maybe he/she wants a vanilla version of NEQ before the Ranma etc. stuff entered into the equation?

Christmassive is spawning some interesting stuff anyway! :)

Happy Chrismukkah to one and all btw. :)
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Sigh. I wanted to have an untold story about Fred's past, not a repost. Though I do like the Goddamn Batman. and his whole thread. I predict that by the final issue he will actually be naked. And I wish people woudln't close off options so much.
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

Jaxter's on now so I will PM him about that on our forum methinks. :)

I imagine it will be nanoseconds before the NEQ thread goes divergent though. For a kickoff we have way too many Dr Who fans so of course he will make an appearance again. And again. And again. :)

"Splendid fellows, all of them!"
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

You mean he doesn't already? :)

Anyway, I reposted it here, so no problem. Also: one thing to keep in mind in the Merlin episodes, is that in Battlefield (a Seventh Doctor episode) it was revealed that in one universe the Doctor IS Merlin, so perhaps Jack is the Doctor too. Perhaps when assumign a young and hedonistuic persona he unconsciously took the name of his old friend who was a bit like that? Though of course Captain Jack was less self-absorbed. This identification amkes a little bit of sense with the version of Jack/Merlin I write. And Randall Flagg assumed the persona of Merlin too, so if I have Jack/Merlin show up in the Eternal Champion Shadow War thread like I hinted at a bit, thing could get interesting...
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

I've seen maybe...two episode of Doctor Who.

I actually liked the show. What little I saw. Those robots with the British accent were hilarious.

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

KnightRandom wrote:You mean he doesn't already? :)

Anyway, I reposted it here, so no problem. Also: one thing to keep in mind in the Merlin episodes, is that in Battlefield (a Seventh Doctor episode) it was revealed that in one universe the Doctor IS Merlin, so perhaps Jack is the Doctor too. Perhaps when assumign a young and hedonistuic persona he unconsciously took the name of his old friend who was a bit like that? Though of course Captain Jack was less self-absorbed. This identification amkes a little bit of sense with the version of Jack/Merlin I write. And Randall Flagg assumed the persona of Merlin too, so if I have Jack/Merlin show up in the Eternal Champion Shadow War thread like I hinted at a bit, thing could get interesting...
I sent some PMs about closing threads... we had some thread vandalism so that's why people try to "garden" as one of them called it and close off what seem like really bad threads but then it's all in the eye of the beholder so I think it should pretty much just metastasize. Apart from obvious vandalism. :)

Also someone else has extended the NEQ clone thread and added Ash from Evil Dead so already that one has gone into parallel universe land. :)
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I really, really wasn't expecting my episode to be taken in the directions it was, that's for sure. Then again, I'm sure A-Plus wasn't expecting anything like I wrote.

The Master as Saint Longinus (who as in the Casca the Eternal Mercenary novels and probably other sources that I'm forgetting is being conflated with the Wandering Jew--Juan Espera a Dios is name in some Spanish versions) is either the stupidest idea I've ever seen or the most absolutely freakin' brilliant idea I've ever seen. Much like turning Lord Fred into a Time Lord, come to think of it. (my own episode 71890) Is there anything Lord Fred hasn't transformed into at this point?
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

It interests me to see the social experiment in parallel world building be so civil and cool.

I still think a Sir Fred action figure would be cool. Have to look into that. :)