Sir-Toby.Com Wiki?

General discussion about anything on Sir-Toby.Com that isn't covered by another forum.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Sir Toby
Site Admin

Sir-Toby.Com Wiki?

Post by Sir Toby »

One of the things I've been considering adding to this site is a Wiki. I'm considering that it might provide a good mechanism for people to post episode guides, artwork, or just about anything you'd like to post about the stories that doesn't fit well in the bulletin board, or in the story itself.

One of the Wiki packages I am considering is MediaWiki. It's main benefit is it allows you to upload any type of file to be incorporated in your pages. I am open to other suggestions for what Wiki software to use. Let me know if you have any suggestions for Wiki packages to investigate, or what you think of adding a Wiki to Sir-Toby.Com.

MediaWiki

Post by Guest »

I've used MediaWiki for a large documentation project at work and so far it's been able to do everything I want. It has a learning curve for authors (e.g. link syntax, uploading mechanism) and it's very easy to trash/sabotage/logic-bomb other people's work unless you turn on login safeguards etc. As a story medium it could be very interesting as it allows complete interlinking instead of the tree structure of EAS.
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I've been thinking again about the usefulness of some kind of wiki for episode guides, character lists, etc. This morning I had to explain a joke I made about One Stan to my boyfriend and where his name came from, and thought how it'd be nice if we had a repository for that sort of thing. I can try setting it up sometime this month if no one else wants to.
"All spelling errors are to be ingored."--Stephen Ratliff
JH

Post by JH »

That would be excellent. :)
JH
Ben McClellan II

Post by Ben McClellan II »

Sounds like a good idea.
Twitter: @benmcclellan

Horsehockey v5.0: Ongoing! horsehockey dot ORG
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »