Won-Tolla

General discussion about anything on Sir-Toby.Com that isn't covered by another forum.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Lkjhvc

Won-Tolla

Post by Lkjhvc »

I do not know the appropriate protocol for this, nor how well you all knew Won-Tolla, but I saw some news from another forum he frequented that I felt should be shared. I hope they are wrong, but it appears that he is dead.

http://nice.purrsia.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 10d3ddaad5
JH

Post by JH »

That's very sad news. I shall miss his contrbutions here. Thank you for taking the trouble to let us know.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

Wow.

Thank you for sharing this news.

I, as well, shall miss his contributions.

I am actually quite startled and saddened by this news.

Rest in peace, my friend.

*raises a glass*

Here's to Won-Tolla. Cheers...

Cheers...

:cry:

EDIT: you know, it's always crossed my mind...what if. What if something were to happen to WolfRun or JH or Lots or Y or whoever...

It's not like we have a personal relationship...

But we still have a relationship. And it's no less important, really.

What IS the protocol? I can tell you frankly that some of you people I really do consider friends.

JH, obviously.

Lots, reaibn, many many others.

It's really sad that Won-Tolla died. But the hopeful note is that his episodes remain for...well....a while at least.

*raises another glass*

Obviously I've been raising quite a few glasses this evening. I guess I'm rambling. I'm not really sure where I want to go with this. I wish I coud be more British. Like JH.

He summed it up nicely and to the point. I'm just rambling.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

Really, Won-Tolla. Cheers. Maybe we'll meet on the other side. I'll buy you a drink.

Or something.

:cry:
Ben McClellan II

Post by Ben McClellan II »

As I said over on the Horsehockey forum, Won-Tolla's passing is very sad news, and he'll be missed.

Ib also raises a good point about having close friends or relatives notify the rest of us should one of us die. I personally haven't made any arrangements for this, simply because I'm still in my 30s and still assuming I'm totally bulletproof and will live forever. It's not something I like to think about if I can help it. I do know that when Lots42 had his medical issues last year, his family notified me through email, and they also contacted JH as well, who posted that news here.

For the moment, Won-Tolla's episodes are still here. Let us continue to enjoy them, and extend them in his memory.
Twitter: @benmcclellan

Horsehockey v5.0: Ongoing! horsehockey dot ORG
JH

Post by JH »

"Ib also raises a good point about having close friends or relatives notify the rest of us should one of us die."

It is a good point. If someone suddenly stops posting, one has no way of knowing whether something bad has happened to them or if they've just moved on. The trouble with arranging for close friends or family to let people know is that it requires a degree of organisation, and also I suspect that many of us prefer to keep real life and our Net lives separate.

Incidentally, I think I found out about Lots being in hospital from his LiveJournal page rather than through being emailed.
JH
lordreaibn

Post by lordreaibn »

I echo the sentiments of you, my friends. Won-Tolla, you will be missed. Your episodes will live on.