Finally

General discussion about anything on Sir-Toby.Com that isn't covered by another forum.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

The Living End

Finally

Post by The Living End »

Well, I've finally succeeded in registering. Up until now, it's been this incredible comedy of errors.

Awesome.

**Does victory dance**
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

*sheds a silent tear*

This is the proudest moment of my life.

Great job!
JH

Post by JH »

Welcome! I've enjoyed reading your episodes. I hope that we can tempt you into writing some episodes about Fred and Astra rather than solely about the old Horsehockey characters. :)

It's rather strange, because a few weeks ago you were being shown as the newest registered user, but then you somehow seemed to become "unregistered" again after a few days, since the newest registered user reverted back to being the person that it had been previously.
JH
The Living End

Post by The Living End »

I had an account here, but unfortunately it had become inactive due to disuse. I can't even remember when I first registered, if that tells you anything... :lol:

I couldn't seem to retrieve my password, and I couldn't delete the account OR reactivate it, so i was forced to try another email account. So I used my old Hotmail account..which had apparently been deactivated due to disuse (d'urrrrrr). By the time I realized that the account no longer existed, it was too late--it too was like this Mary Celeste ghost-account that I could **see,** but couldn't activate or use.

So, I started to just use another email account, but by that point, I was pissed off whenever I thought about it, and I REALLY wanted my old handle back...so after cooling off for a while, I wrote the Admin and beseeched him MOST humbly for his assistance. He deleted both nonfunctional accounts, bless his thumpin' gizzard (thanks, guy). After the requisite family emergency and general procrastination on my part, I went back this afternoon and created this account. And so, here I be.

Horsehockey was sorta my first love--it was the first extendable story in which I'd ever taken part. I would leave for a while and then come back to it, but it was like this glorious anarchist's paradise, and I loved it dearly. When I realized that this site existed (or realized it again--as I said earlier, I must have found this site a long time ago and simply forgot) and some of the old authors had migrated here afterwards, I felt compelled to try to recapture some of that old feeling. Which probably means I've managed to murder some other folks' attempts to create coherent storylines (sorry 'bout that). Horsehockey-type storylines remain my first obsession, and probably always will, but I'm slowly poking around the site to see what else I can find to get into. Fear me.

So...thanks for the welcome! Also, thanks for not somehow finding me and showing up on my doorstep with a torch-and-pitchfork-bearing mob. The dogs hate that, and it's hard to scrub the smell of terror-pee out of the rug...
Last edited by The Living End on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JH

Post by JH »

:)

There's a good guide to the Lord Fred storylines here:
http://www.geocities.com/toh1999/wolfrun.html
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

The Living End wrote:I wrote the Admin and beseeched him MOST humbly for his assistance. He deleted both nonfunctional accounts, bless his thumpin' gizzard (thanks, guy).
You are welcome.
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

Astra is still the star of the NEQ in my book.
JH

Post by JH »

Absolutely. :)
JH
lordreaibn

Post by lordreaibn »

Living End! Horsehockey 4... is on the way. I have some PHP problems, but im working them out slowly. Welcome back!

Also, yes do Lord Fred, Astra, et al episodes but DONT STOP the HH ones. I love them. Also, please e-mail me some links of threads you are working on/have put effort into to reaibn@gmail.com and i would love to extend with ya.

Lord Reaibn Daenorth
The Living End

Post by The Living End »

Living End! Horsehockey 4... is on the way. I have some PHP problems, but im working them out slowly. Welcome back!
I am SOOOO in...and you're welcome. It's good to be back :D
Also, yes do Lord Fred, Astra, et al episodes but DONT STOP the HH ones. I love them.
No worries on THAT score--check around Never Ending Quest Episode 77878 for some I've been playing around with today. You'll have to hunt a little, but they're in the area...
Also, please e-mail me some links of threads you are working on/have put effort into to reaibn@gmail.com and i would love to extend with ya.

Lord Reaibn Daenorth
When my creative muse comes off her crystal meth binge and REALLY gets me down to shovelin' hard, I'll drop you some linkage. Scout's honor.
JH

Post by JH »

You might find this forum's Private Message facility useful for one-to-one conversations, especially if you want to keep them private. The recipient of your message will be sent an email to notify them that they have a PM waiting.
JH
lordreaibn

Post by lordreaibn »

Hey Living End!

http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/ ... sode=78420

Also, love your weapons shop bit in the Multiversal Mall (MM). Im going to expand that after i get my mind right. Its really good. Also, JH, good work there too!
JH

Post by JH »

Thank you. :)
JH