Re: rule 231:4 (VALID, +2.8 style)

From: Ed Murphy (emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 08:27:10 PST

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 22:51, Bert Sevenhant wrote:

> Dear bd,
> Dear David L Nicol,
> Dear committee members,
>
> Since I have now a valid rule and I have actually earned style points, I've
> now reached degree 2.
>
> In all rules members should address all players of higher degree, who posted
> a rule here
> and congratulate everyone who upgraded since eir previous post.
>
> Bert Sevenhant (deg. 2)

No problems.  VALID, +2.8 style.

+1.0 Follows theme
+1.0 Expands on volatility mentioned in 231:2
+0.5 Imposes complex restriction on all rules without
       accidentally trying to invalidate previous valid rules
+0.5 Requires at least one future rule to congratulate Bert
-0.1 Places comma before "who posted a rule here", not after
-0.1 Leaves referent of "eir previous post" ambiguous