224:2 (james) VALID +2

From: jcm3_at_cec.wustl.edu
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 10:15:53 PDT

224:2 (james) VALID +2

Well, at first this would seem to be a round ending rule.
After all, someone has posted a rule, therefore no one
else may post a rule.  Game over.

However, I cannot know for certain if you are actually
performing actions or holding opinions unless you tell me.
 After all, for all I know, your pet cat may have pressed
the submit button, and therefore your cat performed the
"post rule" action.  And certainly I cannot read your
minds (we'll be able to do this in the future, of course),
so I cannot know your opinion unless you tell me.
Examples:

"I second XYZ rule" INVALID - this has been done already.
"Future rules cannot ABC" VALID - You are not explicitly
stating an action.
"I think ASDF" VALID - no one else has said they "think" yet.
"I believe ASDF" INVALID - although no one has "believed"
anything yet, soneone has held the opinion "ASDF."

Style:
+1 On theme
+1 Attempting to win
+0.5 Claiming ignorance