Re: 216:07 VALID +0.75

From: Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) (jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 23:37:15 PDT

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Nathan Russell wrote:

> --On Wednesday, October 01, 2003 7:16 AM +0200 "Jeff Weston (Sir
> Toby)" <jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com> wrote:
>
> > While I originally considered whether or not a dedicated Nathan
> > Russell with an orbital mirror could take out all the root servers,
> > the orbital mind control lasers have ordered me to be nice today, so
> > I'll assume that all of the root servers in all of their respective
> > secret locations could not be destroyed. Rule is VALID.
>
> I do wonder whether it's correct, though.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22ro> ot+domain+server%22+%22secret+location%22&btnG=Google+Search
>
> returns NO results.

There are variants of that query that return some results. Take this
query:

"root server" "physical location" secret

It returns "about 87" hits, and a few of them do imply that the locations
of the servers are indeed secret. In any case, the Verisign as described
by 216:07 describes the location as secret. I'm inclined to let the
judgement stand. There is always the option of an overrule proposal.

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)